Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Custom Map Making....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom Map Making....

While other's are fishing... I have been busy mapping the old lake. Here are a sample of the data around the intake. I am amazed at looking at the bottom of Granger in 3D. The ISO lines are awesome. You can see from the ISO map, one could very easy create their own maps. I have not mastered the Sidescan mosaic. The SS mosaic really holds awesome potential. I am also learning how to overlay the maps with Google Earth. Lots of learning...

If you want custom maps made of parts of the lake, shoot me an email. This area of the lake took be just around 4 hours. I can convert the ISO maps to be used on your units. Garmin, Humminbird, and higher end older systems which have sonar & GPS.

I can convert your data to the 3D Maps and ISO as well. First: Drive your boat in a grid about 50' apart. Second: Contact me so I can tell you how to get the sonar files to me.

If you see me on the lake, I am not trying to get your honey hole... Just enjoying mapping the lake!

Thanks,
    Mike

[email protected]
    Home

ISO Example Map

3D Map A

3D Map B

3D Map C

3D Map D

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Bought it from the good 'ol doc.. :-)

Welcome to Hightech Fishing with Doctor Sonar - "Doc" Bruce Samson

Like Doc says... "for those whom wishes to take it to the next level"...

There is nothing better for me to see results like above. Yea, it's takes time but for me it's well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple buddies up here in northern Wisconsin who have a small business mapping the lakes up here. Complete contour mapping, bottom content, identification of all cribs/brush/rocks/etc, all packaged up into a geo-referenced set of files that is compatible with Lowrance and Humminbird GPS units. They are working on the Garmin product, some proprietary software there that is cost prohibitive right now. Basically a Navionics or Lakemaster map on steroids. Your stuff looks good, now take it into the GIS world, incorporate your sidescan data and Dr. Depth's bottom content add-on, and those crappie won't be able to hide :-) They are using the Humminbird SI - better, more mature technology.

Are you looking at bringing that into Google Earth to upload onto your Garmin GPS? If so, there are some pretty major limitations. It's not coordinate controlled, accuracy is just so-so - and there is a limitation on file size. It's fun, but not overly useful.