Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Jerry Blake

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hey Jerry Blake

A couple of questions for you.
    First, what are your rates for crappie fishing guide?
    Second, Are there many places to duck hunt not far from where you guide?

I was seriously considering Taking of a few days for a crappie duck hunt combo.

What would be the best time of year to catch a monster crappie on the lake you fish. I would prefer to catch a big crappie, verse a lot of nice size one's.
    In other words, I'm looking for a crappie to mount something over 16 inches.

Thanks Jerry!
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Piginthepigpen:

People duck hunt on both Lake Hamilton and Lake Greeson but I don't know much about it - open season, limits etc.

We catch more big crappie in the spring - March through May - than any other time but you never know when a wall-hanger will show up.

The biggest crappie that I've had a client catch - a 2-pound, 8-ounce, 17-incher - was in August two years ago when you'd least expect it. Our heaviest this year - a 2-pound, 3-ounce, 16.5-incher - was in March and we had several 17-inchers last spring but they were all pretty slim - not quite 2-pounds.

We catch some gooduns in the winter and they are really getting fat now and will keep on fattening up until the spawn.

Just let me know when you want to go and we'll concentrate out efforts on the holes that have produced the biggest crappie.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default guides

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Hey Piginthepigpen:

People duck hunt on both Lake Hamilton and Lake Greeson but I don't know much about it - open season, limits etc.

We catch more big crappie in the spring - March through May - than any other time but you never know when a wall-hanger will show up.

The biggest crappie that I've had a client catch - a 2-pound, 8-ounce, 17-incher - was in August two years ago when you'd least expect it. Our heaviest this year - a 2-pound, 3-ounce, 16.5-incher - was in March and we had several 17-inchers last spring but they were all pretty slim - not quite 2-poiunds.

We catch some gooduns in the winter and they are really getting fat now and will keep on fattening up until the spawn.

Just let me know when you want to go and we'll concentrate out efforts on the holes that have produced the biggest crappie.
    Jerry

Do you know a good Crappie guide on Bull Shoals Lake?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Duane:

My friend, Darryl Morris, is guiding on Norfork and I think Bull Shoals too. He's set up just like I am and catches just as many fish as I do when he's here.

He's helped me with several trips where I needed another boat. Here's a link to his website - Family Fishing Trips

He's the only guide I know in that area.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com