Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use the Dry hands minnow bucket?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use the Dry hands minnow bucket?

This may be an old topic but Im curious on how everyone likes the Dry Hands Minnow Bucket. They look a little pricey at $39.99. Do the minnows keep longer when using it? Is it really easier to get a minnow? Thanks for your input. Chub

Post Thanks / Like

The Dry Hands Minnow Bucket is one of the neatest little buckets you have ever seen. If you fish any kind of cold water, this is the cats meow. No water on your hands, There fore, the wind won't feeze you cause your hands are not wet. This is the only product that Tim Huffman has ever wrote an article on after using it only one time. Well, worth the money.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great for this kind of weather. coooooold

Post Thanks / Like

hunterchub
    I love mine and have not had any problem keeping minnows alive all day. You have to watch if you have small minnows some times they can slip down below the false bottom when you pull it up to get a minnow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    The Dry Hands Minnow Bucket is one of the neatest little buckets you have ever seen. If you fish any kind of cold water, this is the cats meow. No water on your hands, There fore, the wind won't feeze you cause your hands are not wet. This is the only product that Tim Huffman has ever wrote an article on after using it only one time. Well, worth the money.

I agree with weezer, and is well worth the money. Consider buying the same size minnow bucket, an aerator, an insulated liner, the strainer or a minnow net, etc... all separately, the bucket is actually a great price. Let me add, the minnow bucket is also great for summer fishing, as the aerator and the insulated liner helps keep the water cool and minnows alive longer.
    Last edited by Crappie Chaser; 03-19-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default cheap alternative

go buy two paint mixing buckets from wal-mart. 1.00 each..drill holes in the bottom of one and slide it into the other....viola dry hands minnow bucket....credit given to jerry blake....the master jerry rigger...lol...:D

HOLD YO HEAD UP MULEY

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great minnow bucket, although the dry hands claim is little off. Your hands will still get wet. Either when the minnow comes out of the spout (a little water comes out with the minnows) or when you get the minnow in your hands (water from the minnow itself will get your hands wet). The other drawback is that I have to use two hands to get the minnow out. One hand to operate the stem and one hand under the spout (although this isn't too big of a problem). With my old styrofoam bucket I could reach in the bucket with my dip net, lay it across the top of the bucket and reach in the net with the same hand to get the minnow.

I realy like the aerator. It keeps the minnows a lot livelier throughout the day.

All in all, The Cadillac Of Minnow Buckets.