Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: trip south to troll crank baits??????

Post Thanks / Like

Default trip south to troll crank baits??????

hello all, I live in Ohio and really like to troll crank baits for crappie....I get an extra week vac to use up next year & now own a big enough boat to consider going to some larger lakes, my plans are to take a few long weekends to fish w/my extra vac time...I would guess summer would be my best bet for a crank bait trip, seeing as its the best time to do it here, but again guessing as far as how the patterns set up down south....I am fairly proficient at trolling cranks in my neck of the woods, so more so curious what time of year & maybe what lakes to consider, even places like camp grounds or cabins (grenada is one that comes to mind).....any info would be awesome, would love to get on some of those southern crappie pulling cranks....hope every ones doing well, thanks for any input, God bless.

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of info on trolling CB's on the MS board, it may be a little early in most places but our next time out in east central MS we are going to try as the last couple of time out spider-rigging seemed to be slower than normal.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

June and July is hottest at Sardis and Grenada...pun intended!
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

SteveJ....I was out (in Ohio) this past wed and was catching em shallow, about 1030am it was like some one flipped a switch and the shallow bite shut off....decided to pull cranks and hot grubs along the ledges and got into em good, this is def the earliest in the year I've pulled cranks successfully in my neck of the woods....was interesting, males had their suits on and cranks still produced some good females that hadn't pushed shallow yet....

Feelay .....you mean the weather gets hot down south ha ha ha .....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13