Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: planner board questions and there use

Post Thanks / Like

Default planner board questions and there use

well since the other thread got canned and left me hanging I'm still wanting to learn about planner boards and how to use them and what I have found on the Internet didn't tell me what I'm wanting to know. can you make them and what are they made out of can I make one for crappie and are there planner boards made just for crappie where can I find them and is it better to make my own and how do I use them and what do I need to use them? sorry about all the questions but u know what they say curiosity killed the cat

Josh
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Make Your Own Dual Planer Boards

Outdoors Fishing Planner Boards

josh, the second link is from the thread that got "canned" i think. the first one is from google. go to google and type in "making planer boards" and you'll find more than you can shook a stick at.

Post Thanks / Like

Or you can try these, they are what I run, and I get along with them just fine.

http://http://www.offshoretackle.com/

They are real simple to use, just clip them on the line and troll.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

what about the planner board that stays attached to your line? even after you hook your fish or is the other way better and do u just turn around and go pick it back up after you catch a fish or is it attached to another rodthat you just reel in ?

Post Thanks / Like

josh, read through that second link above. it tells about planer boards like you talk about staying on the line. i'm sure there are other places on google that tell about it too. you need to do a google and read. or talk to someone that's used boards. i've not used them and don't plan on it so the best advice i can give is go to google and read up on all kinds. and look at the guys link above too. he evidenly knows boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Josh those web sites to build your own are for what we call big boards. I made some years ago out of cedar. They are used mainly in the great lakes for salmon & walleye trolling. Over kill for crappie trolling. The little min-boards sold by Off Shore & Church tackle are small & snap on your trolling rod. When they sre tripped by a fish or maybe weeds they slide down to your swivel. They stop there & usually you have a leader of various lengths to the lure that you are using for trolling. When bringing in the fish the comes into the boat & you or another person un snap the board from the main line & continue to bring the fish into the boat. Putting the rod back out , you snap the board back on to the line . Counter reels are a most for this type of fishing. When the bite is on you will know how far back to set your boards off the lures. This type of trolling is a lot easier then it sounds.

Post Thanks / Like

Try this one. Looks cheap and easy.

How to Build Your own Planer Boards

Post Thanks / Like

"canned" would be the word for it. a peaceful thread turned finger pointing accusatory.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by SteveJ; 05-12-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

has any one ever heard or used these planer boards and this video explains alot about how to rig planer boards im starting (guess you could call me a slow learner lol ) to understand how they work and how they use them or at least this type of board any how

YouTube - Angler's Xperience "SideWinder Planer Board"

and they look small enough that they would work well for panfish
    Last edited by crappie josh; 05-15-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added txt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast