Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else use trout magnets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else use trout magnets?

New here, but I read alot of threads the past couple days and I havent heard one person mention that they ever used Trout Magnets.....I use 'em all the time for crappie, heck pink TMs could almost be considered my go-to lure for 'em.

If the fishing is slow, I'll even tip the hook with a little yellow corn powerbait and that always wake's 'em up!! I dunno, maybe I'm just always trying to get rid of last season's trout bait....but it works for me!

So, anyone use TMs with any luck?
    Learn to not run from your problems....except when your problems are giant boars.

Post Thanks / Like

Have some but have never used them. Been meaning to, though.

You're talking about the Trout Magnets, right? Not the Crappie Magnets they also sell?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Have some but have never used them. Been meaning to, though.

You're talking about the Trout Magnets, right? Not the Crappie Magnets they also sell?

Yeah the Trout Magnets....I haven't bothered with the crappie magnets yet. I always have some (TMs) left over from trout season and they work great for me. When I first heard of the Crappie Magnets, I kinda wondered how necessary they were...and quite frankly I always forget they exist....on the same note though, I haven't seen anybody mention them either!
    Learn to not run from your problems....except when your problems are giant boars.

Post Thanks / Like

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't want all the secrets to get out. Great lures and even better folks. And yes, the crappie magnets work great, too. I like to fish with two about 10 inches apart while vertical jigging starting in June til September here in MO. Blue/White and Orange/Chartreuse are hard to beat day in and day out. Just lower the jigs to half the depth of the water column you are fishing and slowly jig it back to the surface. Lots of times you'll catch two fish at a time. God bless.
    "Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"
    Likes Rammer1961 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I started fishing Trout Magnets this Spring and find them about as good as a Nail Tail for crappie, and the best thing yet for gills. The gills around here just love them. I have also used the Crappie Magnet, but, the bite rate is better with the Trout Magnet.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the trout magnets a lot especially the chart. and black. Good luck.
    RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a bunch of trout magnets that I use just for trout fishing. Never thought about using them for crappie/bluegill. I need to go dig them out.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got several of them, just haven't tried them yet.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Works well on the bream
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

pss trout/crappie magnets are just small sized shad darts. I have used shad darts for crappie, but I have other jigs that seem to work better for me (probably a confidence thing).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast