Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what's with all the deleted threads?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what's with all the deleted threads?

I understand the want to moderate a forum to a degree but sheeez. If you delete anything and everything then how is anyone supposed to learn?

Post Thanks / Like

I just looked through the moderator log and I don't know what you are talking about. Other than some requested deletes in the classified sections, I don't see it.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I view the main, the panfish, the off topic, the fly rod, the Illinois, and the Indiana couple times a day and have not noticed any great number of deletions. Of course, a small number of deletions could be viewed as others as too many. The moderators are doing a better job enforcing the rules than a time earlier, but I also think many of us on this forum are doing better at staying within the rules. Seems to me there has been more "moved" postings than removals in those topics I follow.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I don't understand why a thread would be deleted rather than simply locked? I had one of my posts deleted the other day. The thread was then moved. The spammer was called out again and I provided some evidence of the spamming. That thread was then deleted. People can learn from these things. Many of the folks participating were being duped. By getting rid of things it causes people to remain ignorant. Myself, I would rather learn how to spot and defeat spammers and other more dangerous people on the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

I moderate an active forum (not fishing related) , and I'll delete any spam threads .
    Mainly because I want to deny the spammer the benefit of web crawlers that pick up on the links , helping to boost their search engine standings .

If spam is posted in a thread that had already been started on a subject relevant to the forum , I will delete the spam post and any other posts pertaining to it in order to keep things fluid .

Owning or moderating a busy forum ain't all gravy , there are times you gotta do what you gotta do .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AZfisherdude View Post
    I guess I don't understand why a thread would be deleted rather than simply locked? I had one of my posts deleted the other day. The thread was then moved. The spammer was called out again and I provided some evidence of the spamming. That thread was then deleted. People can learn from these things. Many of the folks participating were being duped. By getting rid of things it causes people to remain ignorant. Myself, I would rather learn how to spot and defeat spammers and other more dangerous people on the internet.
    I know of the thread you speak of. Yes, perhaps that thread included a learning experience. But that's the rare case. I'll consider moving it back.

And yes, like CT Fnh says, it's not all gravy. You can see the effort of our mods, and there's even more behind the scenes.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to thank and support the moderators, as well as Ed, here on c.com. I would not want that responsibility. People expect them to have no life and be glued to the computer 24/7 and always want to complain to them or the super mods if they miss something. This is a family oriented site and I believe the members and the mods do a great job of policing this site and keeping it that way. If our members stay within the rules, and those who accept new members to the board continue to be vigilant for spammers and troublemakers, we will continue to have the best fishing site on the net.
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 05-12-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    We need to thank and support the moderators, as well as Ed, here on c.com. I would not want that responsibility. People expect them to have no life and be glued to the computer 24/7 and always want to complain to them or the super mods if they miss something. This is a family oriented site and I believe the members and the mods do a great job of policing this site and keeping it that way. If our members stay within the rules, and those who accept new members to the board continue to be vigilant for spammers and troublemakers, we will continue to have the best fishing site on the net.
    Use to have a fishing forum some of you were members,
    Shipahoy41, and "G" were my some of my moderators. Did we get hard.........you in all your daylight hours would never know what we went thru, to the point had to drop the site. That was about 2-3 years ago. Would you believe that the spammer still gives me headackes to this day. Shipahoy 41 and G can attest to that.

The moderators and Ed are doing a wonderful job
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bob # 1 View Post
    Use to have a fishing forum some of you were members,
    Shipahoy41, and "G" were my some of my moderators. Did we get hard.........you in all your daylight hours would never know what we went thru, to the point had to drop the site. That was about 2-3 years ago. Would you believe that the spammer still gives me headackes to this day. Shipahoy 41 and G can attest to that.

The moderators and Ed are doing a wonderful job
    Bob speaks the truth! Many people cannot deal with the fact that Bob (White) has took me (Black) under his wings as his son. He got and still gets a lot of hate mail from one spammer in particular who is still active on other fishing sites. People this is 2011! I do not know why there is still so much hate in this world! I am proud of my adopted dad Bob Spare. That is all there is to it. Be blessed.

Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

How did we get from a deleted thread issue to a race issue? Did I miss something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast