Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Nibble Tips

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Crappie Nibble Tips

Here is some tips I use when fishing for crappie using crappie nibbles. Please feel free to add your own.

1) Never store nibbles in direct sunlight.

2) After opening your nibbles the outside air gets in and the nibbles slowly lose moisture. A tip I use is to wet a cotton ball and then squeeze out all the water you can, then add the cotton ball to the bottle. This will keep enough moisture in nibbles during storage.

3) If using bait pump, add two drops of water to every 15 nibbles. Make sure to dip your finger in water and moisten the pump threads before every refill. This will enable the nibbles to move easily through the threads and out the pump. When using the pump during the day. I will keep it in a small wet sock. That helps it from getting dry on the outside and makes it easy to grab and slid up the tube. No need to cap it if you have the small baby sock.

4) If using a fuzzy grub, take one nibble between your fingertips, dip it in water, then rub it onto the fuzzy. It will last about 10 minutes. Then reapply.

5) When putting nibbles on a hook. Let them dry about 10 minutes in the sun first then put them on. They will hold longer.

6) use flake nibbles only in Cristal clear water while dead sticking. That is super deadly. Them flakes will make the most inactive fish active. For all other applications I just use solid nibbles. I hate those flakes in my boat and clothes anyway...lol

7) Use different colors inside your translucent tubes. It makes em look like solid colors.

8) and my favorite thing to do is.....make two small holes in the center body of the tubs. That way when you pump the tube full of nibbles it will squeeze out the sides just a bit.

Hope this helps,

D
    My Wife Fillets The Fish! I am a fortunate man.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't have a "pump"...........

I use a syringe that you would use for injections, minus the needle. It works just fine.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

Great Tips, thanks!

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Those r good tips, I take the platinum sparkle nibbles and dump em in a bag of whatever in usin, usually solid body stingers, smash em around, they'll slowly come off like minnow scales
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a bait pump too but there are times I do not. When you do not use a bait pump take a few out and put them on a spare lid while you are fishing. They will "Air harden" a little and when you put them on the hook they are firmer and stay on longer. Sometimes I dip it in some glitter and it imitates scales falling off. This is going to be a great thread and should be considered for the archives or as a sticky.

Hey Big D, I used to fish sometimes with a guy up in Ohio named Carl Bachtel. His handle on gofishohio.com was Big Daddy. Just curious with the name there. He is a great outdoor writer too for the Akron Beacon Journal where I lived. Covered stories about Wingfoot, Mogadore, Pymatuning, West Branch, Mosquito and the best big lake Erie when the Walleye and Perch would run. If you know him, tell him Shipahoy41 said hello.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I am fairly new to crappie fishing and this type of information really helps a rookie. Good luck and good fishing.
    RUST NEVER SLEEPS

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by logs View Post
    Thanks guys, I am fairly new to crappie fishing and this type of information really helps a rookie. Good luck and good fishing.
    This may help you a little to.
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...beginners.html
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drifty4 View Post
    If you don't have a "pump"...........

I use a syringe that you would use for injections, minus the needle. It works just fine.
    Drifty ... it's even easier to use a Oral Medication Syringe !! Injection syringes have a short spout with a collar around it ... where a oral med syringe has a longer spout that the tube can be pushed onto easier. FYI !!

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Hadn't thought about pokin holes in my tubes to let some ooze out the sides. I will try that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast