Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone catching any crappie on ft. Gibson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone catching any crappie on ft. Gibson

Just wondering if anyone has been catching any crappie on Gibson since the water levels have came back down I caught a few last Friday but no real big ones back in a creek in the north end of the lake on minnows at 4 to 8 feet.

Post Thanks / Like

the water is stil so muddy down on the south end. hope they shut off some gates soon and slow down the current so it can clear up.fish was really starting to bite before the rain hit.i might just try this weekend if the wind stays down some.check out the okla section on here they are always posting where they are biting. by welcome aboard.
    Take a man hunting or fishing for a day he'll eat for a day.
    Teach a man to hunt or fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks I'll check that out its not to muddy up by flat rock and blue bill but I can't seem to find any good fish just some dinks and alot of sand bass

Post Thanks / Like

they are proably holding in deeper water out of current. try some standing timber or some brush in the 10 ft range. if you can get back in some of the creeks they may be on the banks the spawn was close the weekend before the rain. you are close to whitehorn might check clearcreek or jane dennis towards the back we used to killem back there years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea i was catching them at about 7 feet at flat rock creek by the bridge I've never been to clearcreek where is that? I'll try anything just trying to find some fish for my oldest boy he is 5 and I can't keep a pole out of his hands lol

Post Thanks / Like

jane dennis is the area straight across from whitehorn cove. clear creek is just south of jane dennis. you ca see both from whitehorn cove. be carefull entering either of them there is submerged timber at the begining of both. i have watched people run in there wide open and run over the trees. helped one boat years ago that ruined a prop. i allways idle into them.if you can hit the creek channel it is open but it is very crooked. there is a cove just north of whitehorn on the same side of the lake that has several boat docks in it we used to catch some crappie around those docks also.hope this helps if you need any info just holler ill try to help

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot I'll try those out this weekend hopefully we can get into some slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with finding some slabs! Hopfully I find some as well. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks and good luck to you if i do any good I'll post on here