Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: back to fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

Default back to fishin'

so, about fishing for crappie. heading to busch conservation area saturday, anyone been there recently? i will post a report when i return, but let me know if you have had any luck there inthe past week.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

midriv Guest

went there last saturday and sunday. saturday we did ok got our limit on 33 but were small. fished 34 and 6 had no luck. went back sunday and only caught 1 . were going back on sunday let me know how you do.fyi were were fishing about 3 to4 feet down and the bite was slow if you wernt careful you would miss them. they added a bunch of new trees in lake 33 .

Post Thanks / Like

ok, so just to let everyone know who may be interested, they have opened boat rental at busch now.(even though everyone at the conservation department told me it would be the first weekend in april) so i went out there and didn't bring my trolling motor. i was there for three hours and caught one 11" papermouth. it was windy and i was pissed that i didn't have a boat (too cheap to pay 30 bucks to rent a motor and battery when i have that stuff to use for free) i may go back today, we shall see.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Default Busch

I did a drive through yesterday as well to see what the boat situation was. I work close by so I'll have to start bringing my T-motor and battery along with me for some after-work action. Is Lake 33 the best lake at Busch for crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

33 is loaded with small crappie, most are around 7 inches but there is no length limit. the larger crappie are in lakes 6, 8, 34, and 35 but the overall population in those lakes is much lower.
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

how bout lake 37? anyone try that I was reading fishing prospects boook it said larger crappie in lakes 6,8,34,35&37 then it says bigger than 7" bluegill in lakes 6, 8, 9, 10, 22, 34, 37&38. if I can catch a mess of crappie and bluegill that makes for a fine feast!!

Post Thanks / Like

i can't remember why, but there was a distinct reason why i don't fish 37 and 38. i remember that i tried once and something rubbed me wrong about those lakes. maybe they were just visually boring or ugly, like lake 8! my best days out there have always been on lake 6, but that is also the one i fish the most so i know it the best. if you have luck on 37 and 38 let me know and maybe i will give them another shot.
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Going there next wed.29th i think ill try 37 if no luck there i might try 6 ill let you know how i do.