Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Marburg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Marburg

I have not seen anything on here about lake marburg. I have not been there for more than 10 years. Can anyone give me an update on what the fishing is like there.

bigE Guest

Default Lake Marburg

I fished marburg a few times last year in the summer and fall. I did well by all three bridges. I am not sure about the spring time. I plan on trying in April. Does anyone have any suggestions for spring time at lake marburg?

Post Thanks / Like

Since I started this post I talked to someone that told me this lake was over run with white perch. When I fished it years ago I caught a lot of nice yellow perch and a few large mouth. What did you catch when you were there?

bigE Guest

I caught a lot of crappies 8-10 inches by the bridges. When I trolled for yellow perch and walleye, I caught a lot of white perch. I think it is a great lake to fish and you can use a gas motor.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are horsepower restrictions. My outboard is a 35HP jet I don't think I can use it there correct. If this weather warms up a little I may just try to catch a few crappies or yellow perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Marburg has a 20HP restriction.
    There are plenty of ramps around the lake that you need not travel far from a put-in to fish.

The bridges do get a lot of pressure from the panfish anglers. They draw a healthy crowd of shoreline anglers with specific equipment to fish these bridges (noodle rods).

There was some concern about white perch being in the lake. They've been there for quite some time now, but I'm not certain I'd go so far as to say they are overrunning the lake. I've never eaten any, but they do make a good fishery for some local anglers. Not to mention the fact, a record is just waiting to be broken with one from Marburg.

Same goes for the crappie - state records are challenged every year from this lake.

Wish I could help more on specific areas/tactics for Marburg in regards to crappie. I spent the last few years unlocking Lake Redman's crappie, so I haven't followed Marburg's fishery as closely as I like.
    Hopefully, I'll be able to get some journal entries posted this year from Marburg.

As a good friend once said, "Remember that what you catch today was released yesterday."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Big Zig for the input. Glad to hear there are some nice crappie there. I will probably run down and give it a try as soon as I get a chance.