Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Little Niangua this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Little Niangua this weekend

I'm going to be there Friday - Sunday this coming weekend. Has the water cleaned up any? Females shallow? Have they finished? Fish still on the bank? I wasn't able to be there Mom's day weekend, and wondering what to expect this coming weekend. Thanks, guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the Niangua over Mom's day weekend and we never fished deeper than 4 ft. Averaged about 30 over 10 inches each day but some areas were choked full of little ones as well. Lots of females still bulging with eggs. It was still really muddy but I think that just pushed the fish even shallower. We caught several in honestly 6 inches of water. Sunday the bite seemed to slow a little but that may have been due to the bright sun and glassy water. I would guess you can find some still shallow next weekend but I imagine a good bulk of them will be moving back out. I talked to guy that was catching good fish on the creek channels already.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there over the weekend and caught lot of fish but most were small. Did find them on the bank Sunday up around the Six mile marker on lay-downs. Some twelve inchers with one thirteen inch. Water up that way did look a little better, more green and less brown, but then I usually fish Mark Twain so none of it looked that muddy to me.
    Good Luck
    N2