Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain sunday.

Caught our limit sunday. They weren't everywhere. Caught 25 of our 30 in 1 spot. Fished a lot of rocky bank and they where scattered. But when you found a hot spot they would hit before bobber hit the water. We where only fishing a foot deep. Caught them on minnows and mo glow plastics. After our limits we just played catch and release. It was fun. Husband had me catching them on plastics.Hands Clapping I have a hard time giving up my minners. Not very many boats in the area we were in which was Lick Creek. No boat riders at all were we where. Only people crappie fishing. Didn't even see anyone bass fishing. Got back to ramp at 2:30 and only 5 rigs in parking lot. Which is weird for this time of year. Even if it was Mother's Day. This mom enjoyed her day fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a Good Mothers Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep sound like a great day for ya. Look to make it up there next week hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Lick Creek is where we were on Saturday. We saw one boat bass fishing all day. The rest were Crappie fishing. Other than fishing umbrella tubes, my report would be the same. No bobber tho, just flippin up against the rocky bank and swimming it back to the boat.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

congrats, glad you had a good day. thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the great day, limits and throw backs, kinds strange no one fishing on the weekend, guess most were eating dinner with mom. keep up the good reports and enjoy your time on the water

Post Thanks / Like

Monday was excellent. So was tuesday. Saw lots of fish caught. Did see one boat that had to have caught ( and released) 40 fish just down the way from us with 3 guys that were flipping little white tube jigs. They would not look around, say hi, or nothin' ?? Maybe tournament guys? The only thing that bugged me a little was the culling from the live well. They would pull 2 or 3 fish and measure against a crappie that might have been 1/2 inch longer and keep or throw out. I know this has been discussed but dont you need to cull before you place a fish in the live well? Only saw one dead one so I imagine the fish were fine for the most part but just sayin' We should do stuff right.