Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Here is some food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is some food for thought.

:Div been kickn this around in my head for a while,and iv herd pepole talk about it and mdc talks about it all of the time.i dont know how to get it started, but would be a strong supporter of it .ok il cut 2 the chase. we talk about taken our kids fishn,grand kids,neighbor kids,any of them.why not have a few tournaments with our younger gereration get them out there on the water and see the slabs and some wild life as well.but make it fun for all there is no winner in this tournament but kinda make it a challenge for them ?? i think mabe mdc mite wanna get involved as well and a lot pepole...mabe make this happen ?? what do you all think ?

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is a great idea. Kids love to fish 2 or mine do anyway. And I love fishing with them 2.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy here in Marshall just had a fishing derby at his house in the country with a pond. They supplied tackle snacks etc. I'm going to talk to him and offer my help next time. I don't know who supplied the stuff, but it was really nice of him to invite a school full of kids out to his place.
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Wish more people did this. Our kids today don't know what they are missing...
    If we did what was most important in life there
    would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Henry county dept of conservation has a huge kids derby every year in Windsor. They usually have well over a 100 kids. All walk away with prizes. Capt. Hook a newer member on here has a lot to do with it and the hook campany he works for makes a lot of the donations for it. It is a great cause for sure to get the kids out fishing. I will soon have a set of tournament scales and we will have some more of the CDC tournaments like last year. Thanks to Lenny for all the help. Maybe we can do a all youth tournament or a adult/youth tournament this summer. Will see f we cam get something put together.