Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: In memory of my mom on mothers day

Post Thanks / Like

Default In memory of my mom on mothers day

She passed away about three weeks ago. She suffered for a long time from a disease called merrf. Doesn't seem right that five little letters are the name for something that causes so much suffering and misery.

She had just turned 66 a couple months ago and was married to my dad for 45 years and one month and he is lost without her.

Because of her illness she was never able to do things that most of us take for granted. She never could drive a car for instance. She depended on dad for everything. She never worked away from home, but did the best she could to raise us kids to know right from wrong and hopefully we are doing good enough to make her happy.

I will always remember fishing at our neighbors pond years ago. Mom never could get the hang of useing any kind of casting equipment. She had an ancient cain pole that had screw ferrules and was three pieces (it had to be at least twenty feet long) She used one of the old red and white plastic bobbers that was at least three inches around but somehow she KNEW when even the smallest bluegill was nibbling and would yank him way over her head and into the pasture behind her :-)

One time that big ol bobber went under and she gave a yank and busted that old pole right in half, it got towed around that pond for a long time. Dad snagged it twice and got his line broke both times before he finally brought it in with the 15 pound catfish on the other end.

Happy mothers day mom. I hope that you are finally at peace.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers, and what a nice tribuite to your mom on Mothers day
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

What a great fishing story, I could just see that bobber going around the pond...Remember the good times and good memories..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of you mother's passing and all the pain she endured. I was smiling though as you were sharing those stories of her fishing with you guys. Great memories that you will always carry with you.

Post Thanks / Like

I lost my mother in 2007 Nov 22, 12:00 AM on the head. A lot of the pain has passed over time but I still miss her very much for things I took for granted. I use to breakdown at the most unexpected times because something would happen to remind me of my mother and unlike many guys who think their mother was the best mother I thought mine really was so I guess it's like most guys. It is Great you have the memories. I am not trying to get religous on you But this is my hope based on the scriptures that I have towards God that some of these men also entertain that there is going to be a ressurection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.