Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hot Spots

new_agefisherman Guest

Default Hot Spots

I have recently read some postings on people wanting to know some places at Salamonie Reservoir to catch crappie with some size to them. I agree that 105 bridge is probably one of the hotter spots. I have heard of guys catching 8-11 in. crappie.

I know for a fact that Mississinewa Reservoir has an abundant supply of big ol' hogs. If you like fishing the tree stumps, Goose Creek and Liston Creek is awesome right now. This is where you will get the big ones....and plenty of them!

I just want to give a shout out to Fish Detective for showing me this website. Happy fishing and Good Luck in April. By the way, the crappie tourney starts on my birthday....Fish Det. I expect some good ol' fried fish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How deep were you fishing?Using jigs,minnows,slow trolling.The crappie should get pretty big with all the new cover around the edges.I was up there yesterday getting my launch permit and found a couple new places to try.If they pan out I will let you know where they are.They were burning off all the underbrush up there yesterday also.Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by new_agefisherman
    I have recently read some postings on people wanting to know some places at Salamonie Reservoir to catch crappie with some size to them. I agree that 105 bridge is probably one of the hotter spots. I have heard of guys catching 8-11 in. crappie.

I know for a fact that Mississinewa Reservoir has an abundant supply of big ol' hogs. If you like fishing the tree stumps, Goose Creek and Liston Creek is awesome right now. This is where you will get the big ones....and plenty of them!

I just want to give a shout out to Fish Detective for showing me this website. Happy fishing and Good Luck in April. By the way, the crappie tourney starts on my birthday....Fish Det. I expect some good ol' fried fish!!!!
    Great Info as this area is going to make a come-back now that the Dam is done... Great Post!!!!
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

new_agefisherman Guest

Default Hot Spots

We were fishing about 4-5 ft. deep using black/chartruse or red/chartruse. Basically just troll slowly around the trees and no need to give too much action with your tube jig. The closer you get to the trees with your jig, the better they hit. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by new_agefisherman
    We were fishing about 4-5 ft. deep using black/chartruse or red/chartruse. Basically just troll slowly around the trees and no need to give too much action with your tube jig. The closer you get to the trees with your jig, the better they hit. Good Luck!
    Now I know who you are... Let's go fishing... LOL...
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective