Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rod transport?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod transport?

How do you SUV owners transport your rods? I can't transport in the boat (cause I use Dad's or Brother's boat). I am considering one of the interior racks such as RodLoft, Rodsaver, or Inno. None really have the capacity that I am would prefer. I loose all my storage area if the rear seats are folded down (rods are 9' mostly).

Anybody care to share there experience with the above or other brands? Any pictures of homemade rigs would be nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

How about something like this Berkley Twist Lock Horizontal Rod Rack

Post Thanks / Like

Are your rods two piece? I break my 12's down and sit them in the passenger front floorboard pointed over the console when I'm driving. The problem I haven when I fold my seats down is that the rods tend to move around a lot and I have lost guides that way. I had one of the roof mounted racks in a Suburban that I had bought from Cabelas but the thing made so much noise whle driving with rods in it that I sold it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch, most are two pieces but your talking about 18-24 rods, many of them identical models. Most are either 9' or 7'. I don't have trouble with them rolling on the floor, but I have concerns about other gear sliding into the rods (especially gear that guest load themselves).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfish View Post
    How do you SUV owners transport your rods? I can't transport in the boat (cause I use Dad's or Brother's boat). I am considering one of the interior racks such as RodLoft, Rodsaver, or Inno. None really have the capacity that I am would prefer. I loose all my storage area if the rear seats are folded down (rods are 9' mostly).

Anybody care to share there experience with the above or other brands? Any pictures of homemade rigs would be nice too.
    One way to carry rods www.rodmounts.com
    Today is a great day