Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I found the line for me

Post Thanks / Like

Default I found the line for me

I now we are talking about line on here for the past month I have ben trying out a different brand of line and love it. It is gold Suffix it has won me over if you fishermen havent tried it you need to.I use 6# or 10# test. I think it has the Walley Marshall line beat bad.

Let it all hang out
    mikeg

Post Thanks / Like

And !!! What kind of Reels are you using this line on ??
    It does make a big difference, like on the Micro's
    Also how are you fishing this line ??

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone should try the Berkley Sensation. But be sure not to get anything over 4 lb test or you'll stall your trollin motor out. Its tough as steel and soft as a babies.... well you know.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear it. I've been touting the qualities of sufix lines ever since I started on this forum. Are you using elite? If you like the elite I suggest trying a less popular sufix line that I like better than the more popular elite. Its called Promix and you can get it here. www.bubbajackstackle.com Its much less expensive than the elite especially in the smaller bulk spool. I've been using it for several years and even though I've been looking for something even better I havn't found it yet. I was given some spools of Gamma line that I'm interested in testing, and I will report here on what I find.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ykkapslabhunter
    Everyone should try the Berkley Sensation. But be sure not to get anything over 4 lb test or you'll stall your trollin motor out. Its tough as steel and soft as a babies.... well you know.
    I'll testify to that!!:D I have been using sensation for about 5 months now and it is the best line that I have found. I use it on my hypercast reels and on my baitcasters. Very low memory, small diameter (6lb is smaller than most 4lb) but be careful, this stuff will cast 10 yards farther with the same amount of effort.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have switch to Suffix and Suffix Elite. I just spooled up a couple Bait caster and spinning reels with 8 and 10 pound test for wiper/white bass/striper fish. ( I have 4 pound test on 2 crappie Rods - Spin Cast)
    No problem yet. My concern was fishing it in cold weather. Still no problem - was fishing a couple weeks ago for wipers using 6 pound test temperature was lower 40's - no problem. And I'm talking 24-29 inch wiper with a grith of 18-21 inches. Works for me.
    The Crappie are always biting better yesterday - I'm always a day late.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell you right now I plan on never using flourocarbon again unless I'm using it as a leader. That stuff has to much memory in it. Tired of dealing with the dang line twists.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

I just Use the old everyday Stren floresent blue Have used it for years and years I have tried the super lines I have the scars on my hands to prove it ! Fishing below Wilson I want my line to break if I (when)I hang the bottom Maybe if I just crappie fished I could try the new lines or maybe just put it on the crappie rigs May do that