Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fatboy, I finally fished Normandy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatboy, I finally fished Normandy

We had 20 very good fish. We had 5 slabs to get off at the boat only had one small fish and had 2 that were probably very close to 2lbs. I will be going back. The weather was terrible, we might have done even better under reasonable conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You lost 5 slabs at the boat?

You better enroll now in Rango's school of netting slabs. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    We had 20 very good fish. We had 5 slabs to get off at the boat only had one small fish and had 2 that were probably very close to 2lbs. I will be going back. The weather was terrible, we might have done even better under reasonable conditions.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

I need to enroll, but I'm not good at paying attention lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, everybody at work is saying they are on big time right now there. Haven't been on the water since a week ago Sunday. You know , the day the cell phone decided to go for a swim. Gonna pressure wash all day tomorrow. I have 37 customers still on my list and it is November the 3rd, so i have to get with it and quit playing so much or i am gonna be knocking icicles of my nose as i work. Gonna wash two small ones early Friday and try to go to Normandy for a couple of hours before i go to work that night. Will report how i did if i go later.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, try fishing the bridge. We caught most of our fish around the pylons. There is a slough across from the damn, I think thats where we caught some also. Stay between 18 and 25 feet first and try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, think i will put in at fire lake and run up river to my secret spot that always produces. Three side by side blowdowns with trunks in two feet and tree tops in 30 feet. Just start out deep and work my way in. Which bridge? Barton Springs or Firelake? Must have been Barton Springs because a guy at work told he ran out of MINNOWS there and went back to the dock, got in his truck and went to get some more.

Post Thanks / Like

It was Barton Springs, but I heard Firelake was producing well. We didnt go there though. You know when I get my boat, I'll hit every spot I think I can catch em at. I'm gonna try and learn that lake well. I sure would love to fish a tournament there in the future.