Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southeast Missouri fishin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Southeast Missouri fishin

well, off work for a while due to flooding, reelfoot and wap both flooded, I'd fish the foot but the levee on that side of the river is in worse shape than ours, so I'm looking for somewhere to fish I can put in a big boat. was going to go to duck creek but was unsure about the roads, going to lake girardeau or maybe perryville lake sunday, so decided to try lake in charleston. I was pleasantly surprised, only 20 miles from my house, had a lot of standing timber, I caught a lot of fish, kept 15 big bream and 2 10 inch crappie, I can't believe I haven't been there before. any places I'm missing? I live in Sikeston, have time off must fish!

thanks, Josh
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh, Lake Girardeau aka The Dead Sea is a little high right now but easily fishable. The MO Conservation Dept has stocked 240,000 black crappie recently and put a 9 inch 15 fish limit there this year. I'm starting to hear some good reports finally.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Big Lake in Charleston is good....is it still trolling motors only? Caught lots of crappie, and bass there..nice cypress trees. Number 7 and Wolf
    Island are good but now are under water...ha. Small lake Tywappity in Chaffee. Caught some good bass and crappie and perch there. There's
    bank fishing in some ponds at Watkins State Park...north of Morley. !0 mile pond might be out for now too. Some good lakes in Illinois...Lyrela??
    Cedar, Kinkaid. Grand Tower. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

When did they stock it speck? That may be Monday's plan!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like good news Speck. Those reports should only get better every year.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    When did they stock it speck? That may be Monday's plan!
    From what I understand, it's been stocked over the last couple or three years. Been hearing of some good strings of 10 and 11 inch fish being caught now. Let me know how you do.

Duncan, you are so right. That was an awesome crappie lake in the '70's and '80's until the put those *#% muskies in there. I hope it comes back around since its exactly 12 minutes from my driveway to the boat ramp!
    Last edited by Speck; 05-07-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Can a guy get there from NUT junction, or gotta come in from the hill way. I would think it may still be underwater near the junction area?

You guys have pretty much named all the spots around, that I know of, that might hold a few crappie. I don't know what the roads are like over near DC. Hwy 51 may still be wet though. I think they had it shut down from Arab to Puxico.

Post Thanks / Like

i think perryville has a lot of crappie but they are stunted. still a good place to fish though

Post Thanks / Like

big lake is trolling motor only, I'm gonn give perryville a shot I'll report back

Post Thanks / Like

went to lake girardeau last minute change, kept 25, bream, redear, 2 cats, and mostly big goggle eye, had fun but no crappie, those goggle eye hit just like a crappie though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast