Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default smithville

Didn't have as much luck as yesterday caught 13 but also caught a lot of shorts. Haven't found any females so far all males. My buddy is taking me out saturday don't fish for crappie out of a boat but maybe once a year. Looking for any advice or direction. Best of luck to everybody. Also would like to drop in and meet some people at camp I'monly about two minutes from W ramp just not sure what day and where everyone is meeting.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick any cove south of W and you'll whack 'em. Cast to the cover on the banks from all angles, as presentation can make the difference between a limit or just catching a few. Good luck and God bless.
    "Confidence in your God given abilities will add more crappie to your daily limit!"

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m no expert but if you catch dinks on the banks fish a little deeper for the better fish. Warmer water will be away from the main lake. I'm headed up tonight and will post results, good or bad. Thumbs Up

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

cantcatch, you may have to change your screen name to "cancatch"!!! Next weekend, we will be in the crow's creek campground....just look for a bunch of scraggly looking guys who look like they have been fishing all day....that'll be us. Stop by and see us. I'm sure we'll have a great time, I'm looking forward to it!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!