Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucksaw spawn is on

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bucksaw spawn is on

Caught a lot of fish the last three days right on the bank in secondary creek cuts. About half and half males, females. I use a fly rod with floating line and a small jig with float set about 12 to 16 inches, color didn't seem to matter. Water temps were 58 to 63 depending on time of day. Something about catching them on the fly rod I really enjoy. With these cold nights I think the spawn will last another week or so then its back to the long poles and trolling to catch the big ones. My thumbs are sore, but thats a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report and glad you were on em. Unique idea catching them on a fly rod...... has to be a lot of fun. Nice work.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, Curt/Kurt. I'm gonna be down there in the morn. I hope there are still some big females away from the bank. If not, guess I may have to pitch a jig.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Kurt, glad your able to get after them.

Post Thanks / Like

nice report, hope there still biting next week

Post Thanks / Like

I get a lot of funny looks from using the fly rod but it works for me. Tues eve my son and I caught fish on nearly every cast, it was awsome. I have to remember to look behind me before I cast or I end up limb fishing lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Any reports that they are still on the bank on the grand? Heard they were still getting a few down but not sure how far to go. Not ready to retire the fly rod yet. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt we fish the banks tomorrow but I'll let you know what we find out.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

stay on them kirk..give me a call let me know how you did this weeknd,,probaly wishfull thinkn but i hope there still on the banks next weeknd cause i will have 4 kids on the boat next weeknd,,good this weeknd,,you an gary..

Post Thanks / Like

I think post spawn is a great time to spider and your rig is awesome. Those 4 kids and you should be busy and have a great time as long as the wind stays under 7 MPH. Who knows, I've caught them shallow in main lake weeds in early June.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast