Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain

Headed to MTL tomorrow for a little fishing. Anyone been there lately and doing any good or going this weekend also? see you there!

Post Thanks / Like

According to the Mo Dept of conservation fishing report:

Mark Twain: 58 degrees, normal, dingy; crappie good on jigs of assorted colors and minnows; channel catfish good on nightcrawlers and cut bait; white bass fair on Rattle Traps; all other species slow. (Report made on 5/4/2011)

I'll likely be there Saturday.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Are the crappie making their way to the banks at twain yet?
    WolfmanJack051
    Gambler Bass Boat

Post Thanks / Like

I was there mon, tues, wed. itwas pretty good, most of what we caught were on the bank. Water was 55-60. I'd say tomorow should be a real good day to be there with the temps they are calling for. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got home from there today. We fished Lick Creek from one end to the other on Mon, Tues, and Wed. Found quite a few in tight corners under the fallen trees. Depths were all over from a foot to about 10 feet. Water was hitting 65ish yesterday, so I would think the spawn should get going really well in the next couple days

Post Thanks / Like

DRD, was 154 open outside of Curryville? Or did you have to use the detour still? Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

154 was open wednesday am
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Mark Twain today, started off fishing 6 ft down in 9 ft of water, wound up with 7 keepers, then some guys came by and started fishing within 30 yrds using bobber set about 18" with jig and some with minnow, they caught 4 keepers in less than 5 minutes. So me and partner started to hit shore line rest of day. There all over the banks, you just have to have right presentation. Water temp was hitting 65 when we left, used black/chart mainly throwing to bank and sloooowly dragging back to boat, about 3' tops. Had our limit and they averaged around 12"
    I Don't Know,but I can always use help

Post Thanks / Like

way to go mongo! that sounds like a great day! I am jealous for sure. the pattern you were fishing on seems to work all over the lake. and that pattern should hold up through out may.