Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another yankee Reelfoot tourist and his drum...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another yankee Reelfoot tourist and his drum...

My buddy, SlabberMike, and I had a good laugh at the video of the guy who thought he had a 17 inch crappie that was actually a drum.

Well...I am pleased to announce that on a Monday (5/2) trip over to Reelfoot, SlabberMike and I ran across another guy proudly showing off a drum as a crappie.

It was raining like pouring piss out of a boot and windy and all of the sane fishermen were staying in their rooms. However, we decided to go for it...on the way out we passed a guy sitting under a boat slip catching small cats and bragging to another passerby about his big crappie. When he held it up, it was a drum - and it wasn't even big by crappie standards.

I couldn't resist letting him know it was a drum and you could feel his embarrassment. At least he can rest easy knowing he isn't the first and - given the number of yankee tourists at Reelfoot (the number of which I found shocking) - there's no way he will be the last.

SlabberMike and myself were in a little bit of disbelief that we could witness such an epic fisherman fail two times in such a short period of time.

As far as fishing went; it was raining hard and windy, the police came around to notify everyone of a voluntary evacuation and the guide who was to take us out Tuesday canceled. Despite all of that, we still managed 15 keeper crappie on Monday.

It should also be noted that SlabberMike is a yankee by birth even though he's now a Tennessean. So not all yanks are clueless. Hands Clapping

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FTBLFAN View Post
    ... a guy sitting under a boat slip catching small cats and bragging to another passerby about his big crappie.
    Was alcohol involved this time?

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly...no.

Just a guy who was 60-something and his poles...wearing one of those emergency ponchos.

Post Thanks / Like

How could anyone possibly be that, I don't know what the right word I'm looking for is ???? To happen once was funny but twice.
    I almost feel sorry for them that they don't know what they've caught. I'm sorry but it really is sad FTBLFAN isn't it.
    "Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

I took a friend's 2 cousins on a trip to Arkabutla while they were in town. First fish caught was a 8" shad...you'd have thought he landed a trophy class crappie. They were both super-excited to catch fish...something they had never done before. I laughed about that for weeks, but I think we all know how they felt.

sbc
    Mississippi Crappie and Alabama football...Life is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Not all yanks are clueless - just the ones who move south ;-) We have plenty of crappie up here in the north country - if a guy doesn't know a crappie from a drum, it's because he's not much of a fisherman, not where he happens to live! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear...this guy was a visitor not a resident.

Since about every tag at the resort was from Indiana or Illinois, I'm betting he was from one of those states.

Post Thanks / Like

What is up with them wearing those emergency ponchos? The last few times I have been to Reelfoot I have seen people wearing them.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they don't want a real rain suit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by richstick View Post
    Not all yanks are clueless - just the ones who move south ;-) We have plenty of crappie up here in the north country - if a guy doesn't know a crappie from a drum, it's because he's not much of a fisherman, not where he happens to live! :-)
    LMAOHands Clapping
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 05-06-2011 at 02:10 AM.
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast