Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Brim fishing this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brim fishing this weekend

Think I will try my hand at some brimm this weekend. I have not fished for any in a while. Caugh so many last year got tired of cleaning them. But now I'm going for the big guns. Yall say about 8-15ft of water right?
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

mighty, Hoping you do well this weekend.Post back and let us know. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default No fishing

Due to wheather was unable to fish for brim, maybe this week
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Here's how I did today and I wasn't even really targeting Bluegill but my fishing buddy was. Used the fly rod only today on the Big Ditch. Pearl Cypert's Minnow fly (jig hook) 4 feet below a VOSI (vertically oriented strike indicator) on the leader. Had hopes of some Specks on the Big Ditch with the this fly rod rig but ended up with 3 Bluegill, 1 small LMB (Largemouth Bass), and 1 large Mudfish (Bowfin). I still believe this particular fly rod rig will catch Specks when they are around and biting. My fishing buddy got a lot of nice sized Bluegill (probably around 10 or 12) and one small LMB on a white Spongy Spider. No Specks today though and we weren't using minnows or jigs, just fly rods. I am wondering if the Specks are already starting to scatter after the spawn. Oh well, the bream are starting to bite good though .

Cypert's Minnow
    I tie this fly with pearl braid rather than the chenille and also pearl mylar tubing. I also use a 90 degree jig hook for use with the VOSI.

VOSI
    Last edited by dixieangler; 03-31-2006 at 06:44 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"