Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOZ Little Niangua last weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Talking LOZ Little Niangua last weekend

Fished Friday morning through Monday morning. Split our time between bass and crappie. Crappie were slower than my last trip a couple of weeks ago. Still caught 40+ keepers. Had to weed through a lot of shorts to get there. Still lots of males. I'd guess they'll drop in the next week to 10 days.

Water on the Big N. was chocolate milk. Didn't leave the Little N. to fish. Water cleared considerably about a mile up the Little Niangua.

Fished crappie on gravel banks around the Big Island and a couple honey holes up around the 5/6 MM. Red/Chart, White Chart, and Black/Chart jigs. They bit minnows better than the jigs.

Bass fished around Point View and around Big Island. Caught several nice 2.5 - 3 lb. males and one nice female 4+ lbs.

On a side note, have any of you seen the dock with the Camo 20'+ Xpress and War Eagles Side by Side with 115 HP four strokes? I'm also a waterfowl hunter and thought I'd pulled up at the Pearly gates, cause I'm sure that's what the God has on his lift in heaven!

Stay after 'em!

Post Thanks / Like

Ln2LOZ thanks for the report My wife and I are going down this weekend and will be staying on the LN not far from point view. We will be in an old blue and white ranger 481 with a CDC sticker on the back. If you see us give us a shout. I say us although I will be fishing by myself most of the time. If anyone will be around there and is bank bound let me know and you can ride along.

Good Luck
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be there this weekend (unfortunately). We have Mom's Day plans here at home (Central IL). Catch the big girls for me...(fishing is the only time I use that saying, by the way!)

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there Friday and saturday I am staying at point view I was there about 10 days ago and did pretty well. I have a older Tracker with a 90 on back that has a crappie.com sticker on it. I will be around the 2mm on the Little Niangua (unless you can lead me to a better spot LOL) and yeah I saw those boats and fell in love also I keep telling my wife that my lab needs a better duck hunting boat than my old jon boat and my layout boat. She's not buying that.

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at point view several times and like it a lot. We will be at Kon Tiki just down the road. As far as leading you to better spots you could probalbely (sp) show me more than I could show you. I'll keep an eye out for you. Good luck. I can't wait to get there.
    N2

Post Thanks / Like

N2Crappie,

I will be on the water about 10:30am friday and about 7 sat morning look me up. I am sure a combined effort will work finding them. I do have a couple honey holes there I dont mind you fishing. Just make sure you have some black and chartruse jigs with a crappie niblit on it LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I will be down here this weekend also at the familys house right where the big and little Niaugua meet up. will be there all weekend I have got the camo Triton deep V.

Post Thanks / Like

- Hey man if you don't know already, when you are facing the dock with the war eagle from the lake, try the dock directly to the left of that dock. If you have a long rod just reach the well and fish it vertically, other wise just shoot the well(what i usually do) and let it fall back to you. I have caught some dandies right there on several occasions. by the way those boats are pretty bad ass. Id like to have on of those war eagles with a jet on it.

Post Thanks / Like

by the way LN2 did you catch those 2.5-3 pounders on the little? How many of those did you catch? I've never even seen one over 3 on LOZ. Got any pics. Sure would like to see em?

Post Thanks / Like

All were caught on the Little Niangua. 12" worm and crankbaits...the worm was the deal, though. My buddies took all of the pics on their phones...I'll see if I can get them on here. Probably caught at least 15 fish 2.5 - 3. Would have been a couple of nice tournament bags for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast