Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best money I ever spent

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best money I ever spent

At the age of 46 I am having a hard time tying knot (can't see) so I went to a place called Arnold Eye Center in Arnold Mo and saw Dr Jerri there she was great and help me out a lot i purchased a pair of Wiley X sunglasses with my prescription in them (bifocals) first of all the the glasses are polarized and they are the best I ever used and the prescription lens are as good as my everyday glasses so I have the best of both worlds although you pay a little more they are worth every penny

See their website Eye Care Center, Arnold, MO, Eye Doctors Arnold, MO 63010, Eye Care, Eyeglasses, Designer Frames, Designer Sunglasses, contact lenses

Post Thanks / Like

You can also order a stick-on bifocal for any sunglasses. Cabela's wants $20 for a pair, but I got 3 pair of them off Walgreens.com for $20. Definitely makes it easier for me to record data in the field when I can see my data sheet! Not to mention tying on a new jig!

Post Thanks / Like

I could not agree with you more Manatee. I am fortunate that my vision plan at work not only gets me a new pair of glasses (frames and lenses) but I can also choose to get sunglasses. Last fall I went in to replace my old sunglasses and was shown the chip reese glasses from Wiley X. They were not to my liking but they showed me the Blink version and those I really liked. What I like about the most is that they have a removable insert that turns them into goggles. Going down the lake at 50+ miles and hour my eyes tend to water up and even without the insert they do a good job of blocking the wind but with the insert wind, dust, water, you name it never get in my eyes. I cant recommend them enough. If you want to check them out here is a link -

Blink by Wiley X
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My work also allows us to get two pair every other year up to $150. After that all we pay is the differance. I had a very mild prescription two years ago and it has now corrected itself. So at my appointment next week I will be getting me at least one pair of polarized sun glasses. Last time I got the Oakley sunglasses. But my eye dr says the Maui Jim are the best polarization you can get. I may try a pair of them. I will look into the others mentioned here also.

Post Thanks / Like

Maui Jims are the best, have tried oaklleys and others, the maui sport frames (plastic) and polar lenses cant be beat. Havent tried Wileys.

Post Thanks / Like

had a pair of maui jims they are good but i like the wiley x better they are military issued these glasses are impact resistant for up to 950 fps on you tube they shoot the glasses with a shot gun and it will not go thur the lens pretty cool
    but bottom line is they are are the best fishing glasses i have ever used they totally block out all peripherial light with the gasket
    insert.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out fishgillz. Very, very good glasses.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

i will check them out thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to check out the wiley's..... never heard of them but like how you describe them. I looked at their website and see that the lenses are curved quite a bit to conform to the frame...... question, does the curve in the lense distort the view at all? I have prescription sunglasses now that have a pretty good curve in the lense, and find that they give me a headache after a while because of the slight distortion caused by the curve....... if these are engineered to eliminate that problem then, yes, I would definitely like to take a look at them. Thanks for the post, good info for those of us vision impaired folks.
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Double D View Post
    Check out fishgillz. Very, very good glasses.
    X2 on the Fishgillz! I have 2 pair and love em. They even float when you drop em overboard!:o

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast