Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOI Crappie Club Tournament June 4th 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOI Crappie Club Tournament June 4th 2011

The next tournament is set for June 4th, 2011 at Lake Bloomington.
    Email me for rules or Larry's Fishing Hole will be posting them later this week.
    [email protected]
    Larry's Fishing Hole

Lake Bloomington has a 40hp limit, and a 25mph limit, except for no wake hours/zones.

Please note this lake allows water-skiing from noon to 7pm. Tournament check-in is 12:30pm.

They also have a $10 ramp fee per day, unless you buy a season pass based on hp. There is a drop box by the ramp for the ramp fee.

Crappie- no size limit, max 25 creel limit. Tournament is best 5 fish per team, disqualification for more than 5 fish at weigh-in.

Please post in this thread if your planning on attending the tournament.
    We need a head count for the lake and we might have a fish fry immediately after the tournament.

On a side note, you all better bring your "A" game to the next tournament.
    Then again, with my luck, I'll bring in 5 fish weighing a total of 1 pound. :D
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Are any outsiders welcome,If you have a 75 can you still fish with TM

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure the wife and I are coming again as a team. The in-laws might also come as a team...I will let you know for sure. We can't make it down to the cabin so we might as well come beat you again!!! LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...talked to the in-laws and they will be coming as a team also. and Wilbur...yes, it is open to Anyone who would like to fish and have a good time!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Are any outsiders welcome,If you have a 75 can you still fish with TM
    Yes, outsiders are welcome.
    Lake has a 40hp limit, however the real restriction is the 25mph speed limit, or no wake in the no wake zones.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Post Thanks / Like

I know a couple more teams are coming. Should be a good turn out, thinking it will be bigger than the last tournament.

Stoked.
    Just need to rebuild my carburator.
    HOI Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

So you gonna be up all night again before this one...maybe you need to get some sleep. The all nighter didn't help you last month! LOL. Went out and fished Bloomington today. Killed them all morning and the afternoon calmed down a good bit with the heat. Tomorrow should be Great!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IronheadIL View Post
    So you gonna be up all night again before this one...maybe you need to get some sleep. The all nighter didn't help you last month! LOL. Went out and fished Bloomington today. Killed them all morning and the afternoon calmed down a good bit with the heat. Tomorrow should be Great!
    I managed to get to bed by midnight, tossed and turned all night long, looked at the clock constantly. Alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button three times before I drug my butt out of bed. lol

It was a great day. About half the teams have never fished Lake Bloomington, 2 teams pre-fished it the day before, and one team appears it is there home lake. So we all agreed to throw an anchor in Dan's boat and follow him around all day. lol

Despite the variety of experience on the lake, it was a close weigh-in. About a pound difference between first place and last place. Big fish was even closer, it was determined by tens of an ounce. 1 tenth of an ounce to be exact.

Big fish
    1st- 1pd 10.9 oz.- Pat and Les.
    2nd- 1pd 10.8 oz.- Tim and Dan. I demand a recount. lol
    3rd- 1pd 10.1 oz.- Dan and Roger.

Best weigh of 5 fish
    1st- 4pd 3.2oz.- Dan and Roger
    2nd- 4pd 1.1oz.- Pat and Les
    3rd- 3pd 15.1oz.- John and Michell
    4th- 3pd 10.7oz.- Tim and Dan
    5th- 3pd 5.3oz.- Fred and Tina
    6th- 3pd 0.4oz.- Mike and Pat

Overall it was a great day on the water. The fish were biting, the carp were making tons of racket in the shallows, and the rain held off until well after the tournament was over. Those that didnt make it, missed out on a great day. Fred, thanks for the shore lunch mix, it'll come in handy when I cook up this batch of Crappie. Thanks to everyone who made it out today. I llok forward to seeing you at the next tournament.

1st- 1pd, 10.9 ounces
    HOI Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

I took weight of all the fish we caught on Saturday at is was a total of 26.2 Everyone who didn't come really missed out on this one. Thanks for having us out!

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of pictures from the Tournament.
    Lake Bloomington is a great fishery.
    Name:  DSCF1792 (2).jpg
Views: 374
Size:  61.9 KB
    Name:  DSCF1793 (2).jpg
Views: 441
Size:  103.5 KB
    Name:  DSCF1789 (2).jpg
Views: 398
Size:  77.0 KB
    HOI Crappie Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast