Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Long Line Trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default Long Line Trolling

This is new to me. Can I get help on this technique. I have 10 and 8ft. poles to use out the front of the boat. I know this technique works, I must learn how to use it. Thanks for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Panman, from the results of the tourney you fished, you dont need another technique
    Here is how we do it, we fish 8 rods in the front 8 in the back. The front rods are staggered from 16ft down to 10ft rods on each side. The back rods are fished straight back all are 8ft rods. Using jigs, just throw them out at different lenths, put them in the holders and get ready
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

i have a show thats coming soon from Midwest Crappie, that Russ and I done on Clarks Hill. Its shows how I long line troll, we caught some 2lber on film also Check out the rest of his shows, they are great learning tools, i have all of them www.midwestcrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Drill instructor whats the pvc contraption on the rod holders? I am a big fan of contraptions and might want one on my boat if I knew what it was and what it did.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gooch, im the same way. I use those to hold my rods when im moving from spot to spot. Helps prevent from breaking, especially when you have a couple of people in the boat. Have to say i dont use them much.

Post Thanks / Like

i was pricing spider rigging holders, when something hit me and I went with it. Using a 2x4 8' long, i cut it in half. then went to walmart and picked up several large U-bolts, i believe they are for hanging bikes and ladders on vehicles or in the garage, anyways, I connected the 2x4's w/ small blocks i cut out of another 2x4 with 1 on each end, where there is about 4 inches in height between the two and the back edge of the top one hangs over the front edge of the bottom one. they work great, especially with spinning reels. It was less than 10$ for the entire set up, and took about 45 min to build.
    An Armed Society is a Polite Society, Manners are Good when One May Have to Back up his Acts with his Life-Robert A. Heinlein on the 2nd Amendment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cooler O' Slabs
    i was pricing spider rigging holders, when something hit me and I went with it. Using a 2x4 8' long, i cut it in half. then went to walmart and picked up several large U-bolts, i believe they are for hanging bikes and ladders on vehicles or in the garage, anyways, I connected the 2x4's w/ small blocks i cut out of another 2x4 with 1 on each end, where there is about 4 inches in height between the two and the back edge of the top one hangs over the front edge of the bottom one. they work great, especially with spinning reels. It was less than 10$ for the entire set up, and took about 45 min to build.
    Could you post a pic? I would love to see how it turned out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey D.I.

When I do the tourneys I spider rig. I need to try this technique. I want to learn because from when I have seen it produce when nothing else does. I will get the DVD to see how the "Professional" does it.
    Last edited by PanMan; 03-16-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant enter the site to order the dvd how else can i order them thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Russ's first videos at www.crappiestuff.com