Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rechargable spotlights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rechargable spotlights

Any of you guys had any luck/suggestions as to which rechargable spotlights are the best. I was thinking of replacing my Q-Beam with a rechargable.I saw some at Bass Pro for about $35.00 the other day.
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a coleman . it has a rechargable battery and works off a cigarett lighter plug to. got it on sale at wal-mart a few months back . can`t remember the price .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Go to www.huntsmart.com and check out one of theor Nite Lights that coonhunters use. I use my coonhunting light for night fishing and it is great. I wear the light head on my head and I have light where ever I look. Plus, you can put it on dim or bright according to your need. They are a little expensive to buy, around $100, but it is money well spent if you fish much at night.
    My coonhunting light cost $300 but a $100 Nite Lite would work great for fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Thor 10 Million candlepower. Nice. I use it to check cows at night, and can find them 1/4 mile away. Neighbors probably think UFOs have landed . Goes in the boat when I'll be out at night. It has the beam, and a lower power work light. 12V charger, AC charger and direct 12V power. Around $40.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rechargable Spot lights

Sandman:I have a Brinkman LED Halogen hand held spotlight. It's nice for around the house but it's charge will only last 15 minutes on the Halgen setting. It has a charger that comes with it for 110v and one for 12VDC. I was hoping that I could use it with the cigarette lighter for external power but the manual didn't say I could do that. I didn't know that when I bought it. The halogen light is very bright though. The other LED light will last forever but it's dull as heck. Can't really see much with it. My AA Mini Flashlight has a brighter beam than the LED light on my brinkman. I would not recommend getting this one light to anyone. Unless you want to spend 4 hours charging it up after every 15 mins of halogen useage.I use this light to search the back yard for stray dogs and cats when they set off my motion detector security lights around the house.
    Last edited by Moose1am; 03-16-2006 at 12:17 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Man just go to Wal-Mart and get a couple of the 10.00 rechargeable spotlights. They work great and if they break who cares. Some even come with the cig lighter attachment.

I wouldnt reccomend the coon hunter light for fishing. I have one and absolutely love it but it is heavy and is a pain to wear all night.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been satisfied with run time, (5-10 minutes) I may not be spending enough money on them. I put a new lighter outlet in my boat yesterday for this very reason. Problem solved.

THE BANDIT
    1 Corinthians 2:2.----Nothing else counts!!
    "This one thing I know, and that is Jesus Christ and Him crucified."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Any of you guys had any luck/suggestions as to which rechargable spotlights are the best. I was thinking of replacing my Q-Beam with a rechargable.I saw some at Bass Pro for about $35.00 the other day.

I had this rechargeable spot light and for the money I loved it, I have to get me another. It uses a gel type battery, which can be charged after short or long uses with out damaging the batteries. I always kept it at the back door and anytime I needed a flashlight it was ready. The reason I don’t have it any more is the wife drop it on the corner of the concrete steps and shorted out the switch.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...temnumber=8825

Now if you looking for something to fish by at night I agree with Redtick get one of the light weight coon lights, most come with a cap and bracket to mount the light on your head, so its hands free and will work all night long with no problem.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin