Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Worms and Crickets

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worms and Crickets

I use crickets and worms both to go after the blue gill and red ears. I half way attempted a worm bed with the European night crawlers---I love them.
    Myself they remind me of a big redworm / wiggler----All of my worms escaped--but I am going to try it again.----I used an old frig. bad idea.
    I have a website in Texas where you can order them and shows you how to build the worm beds. A trick to the worm bed and the ants----Build your box in an area that nothing can touch it from the sides or top. Place each leg in a bucket or can large enough that the leg will not touch the sides of the bucket or can--place some old burnt oil in the can or bucket.
    Some even take a stick of tube grease and apply it to each leg also.
    Canadian peat moss is recommended for the worm beds, plus shredded paper or card board--no colored ink print.
    Bottom of worm box has a drip pan that catches excess water and use it on the garden, plus a filter screen is needed to prevent the worms from escaping through the holes drilled in the bottom---air holes is in the top also.
    I also have a book on the European night crawler.

Halls Wormery----Tele. # 325-743-2355 ----Address 660 Lake Dam Rd. Blackwell Texas, 79506.

I think 1000 feeders is 35 bucks---Mr. Hall and his wife are very nice and you can visit the web site at---- Halls Wormery.com----They will send you a book also with your order---I used a Sta-Flo ice chest as a temporary place--make sure it stays cool--no plastic.Thumbs Up
    Last edited by Backwater Man; 05-03-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: deleted a sentence