Been a few weeks ago I told yall my wife said Horseshoe Lakes water was polluted or tainted in some way. Here is the response I got. Also thanks to Jerry Blake for helping me find this contact.

Mr. Langley: I've checked with our local District Biologist and with our sister agency Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality - we don't know of any water quality problem on Horseshoe Lake. The lake has been tested for a variety of contaminants (mercury, pesticides, etc) over the past decade, and none of these have turned up as a problem. Like many lakes located in the Arkansas delta, the lake is influenced by nutrient loading (nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizer), which during extreme drought conditions can lead to sporadic fish kills due to low oxygen. But again, we are not aware of any pollution problem on Horseshoe Lake.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Michael Armstrong
Chief of Fisheries
Arkansas Game and Fish Commission
[email protected]
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:46 AM
To: Rusty Langley
Cc: Armstrong, Michael L.
Subject: RE: Polluted lake?

I will forward your question to Mike Armstong, Chief of Fisheries.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 6:03 PM
To: Freddie Black
Subject: Polluted lake?
Importance: High

Mr. Black, Hello my name is Rusty Langley. I live in West Memphis, Arkansas. First of all, I would like to congradulate Arkansas Game and Fish Commission on taking care of our resources in Arkansas. I fish a lake named Horseshoe Lake in Horseshoe Lake, Arkansas. My wife was telling me that she had heard that the water on this lake is polluted or tainted in some way. I was wondering if you could elaborate on this. Or forward this email to someone who might can help.

Thank you for your time, Rusty
" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm "