Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baller and slayer's fishing/camping trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default baller and slayer's fishing/camping trip

well eddie and i headed out last sunday for toronto, got back yesterday... got down there sunday evening it was cold and windy... set up camp and went out for a couple hour's. caught 4 nice females right off the bat, then nothing started first thing in the morning on monday, cold windy and cloudy and rainy, ugh... stuck it out for 8 hours with a couple spurt's of massive downpour. we tried everything of course. only managed 8 for the day. big un's tho.... there was no pattern, caught a few shallow and a few deeper. all female's... tuesday calling for lot's more wind and cool temp's again, stuck it out most the day and ended up with 14 i think... wednesday massive wind and cold, hit the verdigris and i got a 2.7 right off the bat, once again thinking oh it's on now, after fighting the wind all day, ended with i think 10 nice crappie and lot's and lot's of 2-3 lb white bass, man they were fun on a 10 ft rod! thursday was warmer and sunny, went back to toronto with minnow's and caught 14 i think. fished in toronto cove pretty much the whole time all week. wind was so bad it was tough to get to mann's but did make it there and the bite was dead!!! so we just stuck with toronto cove. met up with chatt on friday... ed and i started in toronto cove and only manage 4 so we met chatt at the verdigris bout 10 am.... after he showed us our new fishfinder he's letting us useThumbs Up and baller and me acting like 2 kid's at christmas, we hit the river for bout and hour and a half or so... 2 white bass, 40 mph wind's so we headed to woodson... caught a ton of crappie on the bank's. little little chit's... baller did catch 3 nice keeper's, one was a 1 1/2 lb's... quit bout 4:30... chatt headed home, baller and i got back to camp with the 40 mph wind's.... we could'nt stand it so we got some minnow's and planned on walking the bank. got to the boat ramp and the wind was coming right in at the ramp. saw some calmer water across the cove so our dumb azze's launched and got across the cove. just started trolling the bank up real close. water was up to 67 degrees and we started hammering big ol males right on the bank! fished til dark. wind never did lay down for us all night. got up yesterday to fish a couple hours before we headed back and they were still there, whacked a bunch of big ol male's and a couple female's... we ended up with 83 crappie for the week, it was tough and the weather and wind especially made it super tough but we did what we could do... of course lots of laugh's and good time's with my buddy eddie... cooked lot's of good food and fried morel's i think every night... mmmmmmmmm good!!!!! female's look like another week or maybe a bit more before they are ready. thank's eddie for putting up with my azz all week! fun time's with a great buddy! i think the best pattern we found was 5 fow close to a bank, boat was in 5 feet of water and we could catch em... any shallower or deeper and nothing!

Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 05-01-2011 at 02:14 PM. Reason: cuz
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report, glad u guys did good,,, also good to see he Chatt is doing well
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

thank's fuzzy, it was tough beginning of the week but it got good on thursday... was thinking bout heading to bucksaw for camp but wen they turned on we just could'nt leave, not after get'n our butt handed to us the first few day's. we paid the piper and we finally got to reap the success... chatt is doing awesome!!! never felt better he said, was great to see him and fish with him for a day, and the fish finder he brought us to use to, man o man... cant wait to get it hooked up!!! worth more than the damn boat lol! heres one more pic of chatt and ed, he look's happy dont ya think? or maybe it's cuz he was with me and baller, but prolly not that, lol now looking at eddie in that pic, look's like he need's to take a lesson from chatt and turned that frown upside down, lolRoflHands Clapping

why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good time was had even with the tough conditions. Good job guys!!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a hard week of fishing in all that wind. Even though you wasnt ripping lips all day it looks like you guys caught some good quality fish during the week. I bet there were plenty of laughs and I know atleast 1 meal was a good 'un too. Congrats.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on staying with it and making it pay off. Good friends and good times are hard to beat.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

ah the memories, glad you two gewbers had a good time, hooking up with CHATT had to be a blast. nice going

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Jeff, looks like you and Ed made the most of tought conditions. Yeah come on Ed, turn that frown around buddy Them are some nice fish.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

you two guys are livin large.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking mess of fish. Congrats on a great trip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast