Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minnnow thieves

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnnow thieves

I keep my left over minnows out back under the porch in some 5 gallon buckets, usually 2-3 dozen per bucket. Last week 2 of the 3 buckets were empty. Thought someone stole the minnies. This morning went out before daylight to get an early start and there was 4 fat raccoons eating my miners like it was a buffet. How they reach to the bottom of those buckets and snatch the minnows is amazing. I have a hard enough time try to get the last few swimming in the bucket with a net. Guess the buckets will have to go down the cellar, if I can get them past the old woman.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

A nuisance trapper friend of mine was called to a local marina where minnow buckets were being emptied while inside boats docked there. They put up a motion camera and caught an otter going from boat to boat and the only thing it was targeting were the minnows in the buckets. Most of the buckets were not even turned over and the water lost. My buddy said it was one of the tougher animals he had ever had to catch.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Raccoons are smart as heck. Otters must be the Raccoon of the water.

Just set up a minner tank in the cellar while you're at it. Will be a better way to keep them.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Raccoons can be pretty annoying.

RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!!! Its an invasion.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny stuff, great picture

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago I left my minnow bucket sitting on the dock while I went inside the dock restaurant to eat lunch. When I returned my minnows had disappeared. I bought more minnows and that evening I set them on the dock while I talked for a while with other fishermen. I happened to glance at my minnow bucket just in time to see a big black bird sitting on the edge of the bucket while he snatched a minnow. I think it was the birds who cleaned me out of minnows while I was eating lunch.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Thats funny stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RCC View Post
    Raccoons can be pretty annoying.

That is why everyone needs to go back to coon huntin!!!!!!!!!!!! I put out three hundred pounds of corn one week last year b4 deer season here in Central AR and within 4 days the coons ate it all up.. My deer didn't eat 1 kernal of it... I had a game camera up and the pictures looked just like the one above!!! Dang bandits i tell ya...
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." - Chuck Clark :D

Post Thanks / Like

They eat bout as good as deer.RoflRofl
    Mike Barnett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast