Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some more pics of Miss.River

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some more pics of Miss.River

They posted this morning that last night the river went down some. But is still suppose to rise to 50 feet may 5. It is suppose to rain tonite. tomorrow,Monday and Tuesday. With all this they are sure all the levees will breach.This first pic is of the levee at sheep ridge when it gave.The next one is a pic from the river looking down 79. It was took on the 28th..

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the pics. way too much water over here in SE MO as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Post up some pics if you have them.

Post Thanks / Like

"they are sure all the levees will breech" Really????
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome pictures thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    "they are sure all the levees will breech" Really????
    Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2011 10:26 am
    The Mississippi River remains on a virtual stand here with the gauge at Tiptonville showing 46.79’ at 8 a.m. this morning.
    The last National Weather Service prediction for Tiptonville still showed a crest of 50’ on Thursday, meaning if that forecast holds, there is still more than three feet of water to come here.
    Overnight, 1.25 inches of rain fell here, but the pumping operations on the Tiptonville levee extension more than kept up and by 8 a.m. this morning no water was covering any city street.
    There is widespread speculation here that the break in the Sheep Ridge spur levee on Thursday is responsible for the drop in the river and the stand it
    There had been no decision made on the blowing of the Birds Point-New Madrid Floodway as of 9 a.m. this morning. The barges carrying the explosives to blow that levee were moved from Hickman to Wickliffe, Ky.
    In Lake County, the unusual is quickly becoming the norm as the two convenience stores in Tiptonville are a beehive of activity with flatbed trailers of sandbags parked beside other trailers loaded with appliances and furniture as persons continue to move to higher ground.
    Tennessee state troopers are patrolling the levees around the clock and no trespassing is being allowed either on foot or by vehicle.
    Dozens of gravel trucks ran throughout the day and into the night as the levee between Sheep Ridge and the Cargill facility west of Wynnburg was being raised approximately two feet.
    Reelfoot Lake, less than six months after it reached one of the lowest levels in the past 75 years, is now out of its banks and has flooded much of the state park.
    The high lake level is also adversely affecting the sewage system that runs around the lake. Reelfoot Lake Utility and Planning District manager Chris Naifeh said he had one grinder shut down and another running only via sandbags and pumps.
    Reelfoot Lake State Park campground, which was struck by a devastating wind storm two weeks ago, is about 80% under water and removal of the more than a dozen large trees that fell has been halted.
    Lakeview Baptist Church is serving approximately 200 meals per day three times daily during the flood fight. The church currently has no evacuees staying there but could accept them if needed.

This is the Reelfoot Lake State Park Campground.

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers fellas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nquan View Post
    Thoughts and prayers fellas
    +1 Be safe!
    Mississippi Crappie and Alabama football...Life is good.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday they made the decision to blow the Birds Poing Floodway. It is suppose to be at 1:00 this evening. They are saving some towns by doing this but they are still going to flood all kinds of homes everywhere. I am curious if your house gets flooded, will insurance pay for all of it or are you suppose to have a flood insurance or somthing? I have never had to deal with any of it but i have several friends and family that there house is under water. Some of them live a long long way from the river. Just curious if anyone knows. The local news on T.V. just said that the miss river will crest friday morning at paducah with the water at 58.6 feet. You can go to www.lakecountybanner.com and see all the updates from the tiptonville mayor and news on reelfoot lake. This is where i have been getting all this info.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually live in Cape Girardeau,MO. I am safe from flooding as I live on the west side of cape(high side) away from the Mississippi river. I wouldnt want to be around East Prairie, Wyatt, and those surrounding areas. My prayers go out to all those affected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast