Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-entering boat ownership after 15 years---Evaluating Alumacraft Crappie Deluxe

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re-entering boat ownership after 15 years---Evaluating Alumacraft Crappie Deluxe

Hello Folks,

Due to a move from my home state, 15 years ago, I sold my last boat. I have had great luck with Alumacraft boats (owned 2). I love to fish and enjoy fishing for anything that will "stretch my string." Years ago, I really enjoyed crappie fishing and got pretty good. Used the old "West Point" crappie rods and even taped guides to fly rods. Nothing like seeing a small float disappear as soon as it hit the water and seeing that huge silver flash. I bass fish, love to catch bream, crappie, shell crackers, warmouth's---you name it. Now semi retired---so I can go during the middle of the week---LOL. Boat will be towed with a king cab Ford Ranger.

I am wanting a simple yet safe boat and have seen pictures of the Alumacraft Crappie deluxe. My fishing waters will be lakes and rivers. Thinking of this boat because of the tiller control (will put a 30 HP 4 stroke on it), and I like the flat front step up that is approximately 1 foot from the floor of the boat. I have a knee replacement, so gone are the days of standing/sitting on a tractor/sissy seat. I'll more than likely sit. The 16 ft. length will allow me to invite a fishing buddy and not be too crowded. Also, want something that will sip gas.

Any and all opinions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks so much. Be safe, Tom

Post Thanks / Like

With a bad hip and not wanting to move much, ya might consider one of the stick steer boats. Alumacraft makes a good boat as does Express, Weldbuilt, Polar, G3, Lund, not sure they all have stick steer but most do, and glass boats with stick steer you have Royal and Lancer. Whatever ya get I recommend getting the max horsepower or very close to it. The Stick Steers do have a little rougher ride on sloppy days as you are sitting in front but not moving around and still being up front with the troller for better boat control is a plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the Triton aluminums if you can, I love mine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I am also looking at a strumpnocker boat. Plenty of time to make my decision but a major factor is the curve many of the boats have in floor up front, particularly with the stick steers. May end up with a side console model.
    Regards, Tom

Post Thanks / Like

the war eagle predator may be my next boat. love the front deck room on this model.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my first "fishing" boat last fall. I picked the 2009 Tracker Pro Crappie which they don't make anymore. The Tracker 175TX is the same hull with a little different floor plan now. It really takes choppy water nicely and is real stingy on gas with the stock 50HP Merc. I like it a lot. Might check it out before you make the jump.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I own a 14ft Crappie Jon myself. I like it. Roomy for a 14 foot boat. I just ordered a power trim and tilt for my 15hp motor. I have back strain from raising and lowering the motor these past few days. Ima too old to do this type straining. I need my power for the toilet.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

....I picked the 2009 Tracker Pro Crappie which they don't make anymore. The Tracker 175TX is the same hull with a little different floor plan now. It really takes choppy water nicely and is real stingy on gas with the stock 50HP Merc. I like it a lot. Might check it out before you make the jump.
    Ditto! I have a Tracker as well, love mine.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

stretch i've got triton 1650sc w/50hp merc.with power trim. factory triton trailer/drive on. its a 2005 model thats never been in the water. motor has 0 hours. checkout nc classifieds. also i've got the triton sticksteer that i fish out of every week. the only time i move is to deploy the trolling motor. even got the cooler up frt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I am looking forward to test driving several models. Be safe, Tom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast