Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Some pictures from the Miss River at Hickman Ky

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some pictures from the Miss River at Hickman Ky

I thought I would post a couple of pictures of the Mississippi River at Hickman KY. The water is 46-50 foot and not suppose to stop until 60 foot on May 5. The picture with the house is a good 300 yards or so from the levee and the river is another 150 yards the other side of the levee. The trees you see way behind the house is the levee. The other one i am on top of the levee and the water is about 6-8 feet from coming over the levee.From the top of the levee it is a good 25 feet or more to the bottom. There is a road that runs down the levee behind me. There is water running over the road were it is coming through the levee. The sea wall in town has about 8 foot maybe before the water comes over. It is coming through the concrete in the wall. Not a good site. Any one that has been in the hickman harbor shoot knows how high i am talking. There are trees in the backside that are usually 10 foot or more from the water and they are around 20-30 foot tall trees. The water is 3 foot or so from being all the way over top of the trees. I will post some pics this weekend of the water and townsName:  Mississippi River at Hickman KY.jpg
Views: 2148
Size:  45.1 KB.Name:  Mississippi River 6 foot from levee.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  43.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously, I feel for you guys down there. REALLY nasty weather and the water is only gonna make things worse. Lousy fishing is not the biggest issue here for sure.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

No bro fishing is the last worry here. I have heard that since reelfoot came up they are killing the crappie. People are at the spillway catchin buffalo like crazy.