Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkansas crappie tourney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkansas crappie tourney

Any kayak and canoe crappie fishermen on here interested in a crappie tourney in Conway next weekend, I think. We're starting a tourney trail and we'd love to have some paddlers besides me there. If interested look at the Arkansas forum.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

mb, I might be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I could join in. I'm saving my pennies this year in hopes that I can buy myself a kayak for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

Cricketcage have you decided what kind you want and have you had a chance to test drive some?
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to test drive - too busy with work and school right now. After tomorrow's final I'm off for a month. If possible, I want a tandem so that my son (7 yr. old) may join. The two I've seen online that appeal to me most are the Native Watercraft Ultimate (like Slabsrus has), or the Hobie Kona. Pretty sure I want to paddle vs. pedal just so I can get some upper body exercise and strengthen my chest. Looking forward to trying some soon.

Post Thanks / Like

If I had a 7 year old I would get a tandum also. I bet that will be fun with your son.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

Cricketcage!
    You will like the Native Watercraft Ultimate, for sure! You can shift the whole rig to a solo or back to a double, in minutes. In paddling, the 14’ tandem, when paddled as a solo, glides much easier (faster!) then their 12’ solo model!
    I almost went with that one myself until Wilderness Systems came out with the 14’ version of the Commander, this spring! As I’m a hefty kind of guy, I was more excited load cap and the glide with the 14’ models so had to go that way foe sure! I figure there is still enough room for one of the grandkids to trip along!
    Either are great boats!
    FliTrap