Finally made it out fishing this afternoon.Thumbs Up I just went to a small lake by my home, to try the boat out and make sure everything worked on it before I start pulling it to the lake I normally fish.
I fished a creek channel in 30 ft of water. The water temp was 52 over most of the lake and was 51 in a few places. It was to be windy today so I pulled up to a tree and tied off and fished over the channel. I got hits right away on a minnow but was bull bluegills. I fished off the other side of the boat and started catching Crappie. The first and only Crappie that I got in the boat was over 11 inches. They was about 10 ft down in 30 fow over the channel. They was biting very lightly and could only detect them when I lifted the rod and felt the weight. I could catch or hook them but couldn't get them in the boat. They would come to about 3 ft from the boat and would start fighting pretty hard and would end up tearing off. I lost 10-12 doing this so we packed it in. I was using a #6 hook because we was fishing in thick timber so was using the small hook so It wouldn't get hung as often. The wind picked up to 30 MPH or better and we said there was always another day. We brought 3 home and will fillet them for the guy that went with me today. We had 1 crappie and 2 bull bluegills.
It felt good to get back on the water again. It has been a long winter here for me to not be fishing this year. EB