Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BOOOO in MO?

Post Thanks / Like

Default BOOOO in MO?

Hey all i was driving down 28 hwy south east of Jeff. City last weekend on my way to pick-up my son at FT.Leonardwood and drove past this one area that was full of what i think is BOO.This stuff was 20 ft or better and growing in some trees right along the road.
    I didnt think it grew in MO?
    Last edited by hogster; 03-14-2006 at 10:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogster
    Hey all i was driving down 28 hwy south east of Jeff. City last weekend on my way to pick-up my son at FT.Leonardwood and drove past this one area that was full of what i think is BOO.This stuff was 20 ft or better and growing in some trees right along the road.
    I didnt think it grew in MO?
    BamBoo? where? again was this....how many miles back from I-44 would you say?

Post Thanks / Like

I would say 15 miles or so.If headed north on 28 from I-44 it was on the right hand side.

Post Thanks / Like

Was it around Dixon? i'm interested and close let me know and i will drive over and check it out.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Boo Grows Everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bug it was about halfway between hyw 63 and I-44 on hyw 28 growing right along road on east side just south of a house, It was growing in a patch of trees but im sure it was BOO.the stuff was 20ft or better.Sorry but thats all i can tell ya i was going about 65mph and about ran off road craning my neck to look at it.LOL I could drive right to it but cant tell ya exact location on 28.:D
    Can tell ya it is north of the Gasconade river.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hogster that narrows it down some, i'll check it out and let ya know.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

yessiree bob, that was bamboo. (not making this up, i play a botanist in real life) what you saw was american cane, hopefully. it could have been actual chinese bamboo but it is unlikely. american cane looks almost identical and it is a native to missouri. it doesn't usually occur that north but it has the ability to do so. there are some awesome stands all over southern missouri and arkansas.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold