Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: something you should know about cane...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy something you should know about cane...

cut me a bundle sunday...only to find out monday that is illegal to cut cane...even on your own land ..in tennessee..the fine is $25 + court cost per stalk...didnt belive it till today at the shop i talked to a fella that did get a ticket for 2 stalks $50 + cost...think i'll stick to pvc...crazy huh
    Chuck Cissell
    Parker Marine
    Paris,tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

thats crazy they arelike chicken trees if you dont keep them in check they'll grow everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

That is ridiculous. Me and Gooch had talked about cuttin some cane, just because it is so accessible. I guess that I'll have to check into the laws here in AR.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's rediculous! If it is against the law here in Ga. then the law doesnt even know it. In another couple months EVERYBODY will be cutting 'em for bean poles in their gardens. Cane takes over like kudzu around here, maybe not as fast but it still takes over.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering where I can find out for sure if this is right or not? I am cutting big bamboo, not river cane off of peoples private land. Just wondering where I can get some info. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Somebody fell and hit their head when they made that law. But then too, I'm not in Tenn. so I don't know how well it grows up there.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Just wondering where I can find out for sure if this is right or not? I am cutting big bamboo, not river cane off of peoples private land. Just wondering where I can get some info. Thanks for any help.
    you arent cuttin bambo in tennessee...your cuttin big cane...bambo doesnt grow around here...and it is for sure illegal...talked to a twra wma officer and he confirmed it is illegal...crazy law i agree...but think about gettin caught with 1 condo with 20 canes in it...$500 condo...
    Chuck Cissell
    Parker Marine
    Paris,tennessee

Post Thanks / Like

All you Northern people have very different regulations from us in Texas, however I have a way to SOLVE you'r problem, my neighbors son in law is a part time volunter school crossing guard he can issue you a temporary out of state harvest permit #349825-02748, to acquire it email me $12.77 in cash and after receppt he will send permit LOL LOL" i amuse myself"

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm going to start "caneshinin"!!! Any of you Tennessee boys interested in buying a few bootleg loads???... I can hear Moe and Joe now..."he got locked up for bootleggin' out a state cane...hocked his wifes diamond ring last June...bought him an outboard Evinrude...other than that...he ain't nuthin'...just a good ol' boy. LOL!
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm, never seen river cane get 20 plus feet tall, I think this is bull. Gonna keep on cutting, building and sinking. I asked for info and didn't get it. The Crappie Condos are still in business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast