Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody fishing for Crappie in MA this spring?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody fishing for Crappie in MA this spring?

How's the fishing been? I have a good time this spring fishing for them. They've been hitting just about everything I've thrown at them... Most I have ever fished for them. They're very overlooked here, so I am sure that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by knobcreek View Post
    How's the fishing been? I have a good time this spring fishing for them. They've been hitting just about everything I've thrown at them... Most I have ever fished for them. They're very overlooked here, so I am sure that helps.
    Not crappie fishing in MA, but will be doing lots of Saltwater fishing up there!!!! Thumbs Up :p

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be doing that too! Stripers will be here shortly...

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few Crappie from this spring... Guess not many people fishing for Crappie in MA, espcially now with the stipers here....Name:  pic1.jpg
Views: 2172
Size:  36.6 KBName:  pic2.jpg
Views: 2435
Size:  34.4 KBName:  pic3.jpg
Views: 2115
Size:  30.2 KBName:  pic4.jpg
Views: 2345
Size:  41.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

those are awesome looking. love to get a day where i can catch a bunch like that!

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie fishing on local ponds has been very good this summer & fall, including on the Quabbin. Right now I'd be expecting the Oxbow (on the Ct. River in Northampton) to be hot, but the river has been so low that even the big perch haven't ventured in - yet. If we finally get some decent precip, then I suspect things will pick up there as well. The ice is starting early this year though, so we may miss out on some of the best fishing. This coming week, temps suppose to get back up into the 50's with some showers. That may help.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Going to hit Long Pond in Lakeville this weekend via the Kayak. Hopefully, it will be nice on Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Tedington, how did you fare at long pond? i plan to get out on sunday afternoon. although, i havent decided between tautog or crappie, yet. it depends upon where the mothers day plans are at in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gelauck View Post
    Tedington, how did you fare at long pond? i plan to get out on sunday afternoon. although, i havent decided between tautog or crappie, yet. it depends upon where the mothers day plans are at in the morning.
    Mothers day took precedence and the Mrs. decided to go to Maine. I guess it could be worse, at least I got to see my lake in Maine. lol.

I have been fishing over the last few weeks at the Norton Reservoir and have had some luck. Multiple species (Perch, Pickerel, Pumpkinseed, Crappie and LM Bass) The Crappie that I caught was approx 12-14 inches, quite nice if you ask me. My Bro-in-law even caught a Walleye.

It has proven to be a decent spot and it is easily accessible with the kayaks. My 9 Year old tags along as well.

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been catching them on anything colored red or yellow. I don't know why because they werent biting my red stuff last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast