Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xpress HD16 PF-Stick steering

Post Thanks / Like

Default Xpress HD16 PF-Stick steering

Can anyone share pro or con on this boat? I am considering buying a one w/40 hp Yahama 4 stroke.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know anything about that particular model, but I can tell ya that xpress makes good boats. How much it's worth to you all depends on what you are looking for and what compromises you may have to make to get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I know about the bigger Xpress boats. I have a 2001 X21. I am selling it this week end to guy in Dallas. I just don't know about this 16 ft crappie one with stick steering. Back in 2000 I bought a new X21 with a 200 hp Yamaha and ran it for about a month. The boat would not steer right and became squirrelly when up on the pad. I hassled with the dealer and with Xpress for about a month. I took it up to Friendship (this was before they moved) and saw the owner and president. I explained what the problems were. He was nice and said leave the boat with them and they would find out what was wrong. It took about two weeks and he called and told me he was sending me a new 2001 boat. They treated me right but I had a little bit of a hassle at first. They do make a good boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jyw1221 View Post
    Thanks. I know about the bigger Xpress boats. I have a 2001 X21. I am selling it this week end to guy in Dallas. I just don't know about this 16 ft crappie one with stick steering. Back in 2000 I bought a new X21 with a 200 hp Yamaha and ran it for about a month. The boat would not steer right and became squirrelly when up on the pad. I hassled with the dealer and with Xpress for about a month. I took it up to Friendship (this was before they moved) and saw the owner and president. I explained what the problems were. He was nice and said leave the boat with them and they would find out what was wrong. It took about two weeks and he called and told me he was sending me a new 2001 boat. They treated me right but I had a little bit of a hassle at first. They do make a good boat.
    Did they tell you what was wrong with the 2000 model or did they just upgrade it?
    I would think there had to be something wrong with the hull??
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

They didn't tell me, but the dealer who I bought it from said they cut it all to pieces. I have wondered the same thing. They just upgraded it to a 2001 without any explanation.

God made a lot of trash fish and then he made the crappie.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a 16' stick boat, real basic. It fished fine, but I have low back issues and the front drive/rough ride was more than I could stand. I still miss it 2 years after I sold it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I took my front steer boat and added an air cushon height adjustable office chair pedistal to mine. It's air ride now, made a huge difference in the shock up front. It was easy.
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

That is a very good idea. Good old American ingenuity. I love it ! Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Get as much motor as you can afford. I had a 16 tracker with a 25hp that pushed me fine but always wished for a bigger motor when someone fished with me.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FroggerZack View Post
    Get as much motor as you can afford. I had a 16 tracker with a 25hp that pushed me fine but always wished for a bigger motor when someone fished with me.
    Thanks for the info. I know it is going to be really different going from 200 hp down to a 40 hp Yamaha 4 stroke, but because I can't fish from a platform any longer, I will just have to get used to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast