Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finger Lakes State Park

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finger Lakes State Park

Hello Missouri board from Little Rock, AR. I have an annual camping/fishing trip with a group of guys each year, and we usually head to Kincaid Lake in Southern, IL, but have also done Finger Lakes as a back up a time or two. I searched the forum, and there are maybe two posts that mention it. Does anyone have any experience there, or any other lake (within 30 min of Columbia) that they would like to share? Thanks a bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're willing to walk to the more secluded lakes in Finger Lakes state park, you can slaughter them. But, you've gotta be willing to make the trek. There's none specifically I'd recommend. Just get a map, look for a secluded one, and getta walkin'.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Go somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record, didn't anything on crappie, but caught a good number of decent sized bluegill on Rocky Fork Lake and had a blast. Back at it tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Camp at Finger Lakes and fish at Little Dixie Lake. This is a MDC lake 'bout 10 miles east of Columbia. Got some good crappie in it. You can fish from the bank but having a boat would be better.

Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree with leadshot....fished finger lakes a lot last year. Some nice bass, but unless you like to hike, I'd find somewhere else to fish. Little Dixie is close by. Also, there is a really nice conservation lake in Jeff City. I didn't crappie fish it last year but it sure looks "crappie" to me. Good bass fishing, fer sure. Little Dixie has rowboats that you can rent for 5 bucks a day on the honor system.
    Scott