Got back last night tuesday 26th. Fished sunday afternoon, monday, and tuesday between the lines of storms. had pretty rough water in the marina monday night and beat up my boat after a dock line broke. Tore my trolling motor off in rough seas, those rubber expanding bolt thingies aren't up to holding down 72 pounds!

Water got muddy in Sugar and little Sugar bays, stained out towards the mouth of Blood. It was getting worse all the while...

We found the fish to be scattered and would catch one here and one there, in stakebeds in 6 feet of water to points with cover to ledges and humps in 15'. Those fish looked to be pre-spawn and spawning, almost exclusively white crappie. After the trolling motor shot craps, we anchored up on a secondary point and caught big whites in 10-12' of water with minnows and slip bobbers. I think the fish were just cruising the banks and we managed to catch a small mess of 'em. Those fish were either spent or resorbing their eggs. Water temp was 64 two weeks ago and 66 when we left. The trolling motor busting was probably the best thing that happened to us. It has been a screwy year and is fixing to get worse as the lake comes up big time...

Joe