HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where are

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where are

you going opening day.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, I will be fishin on Dam lake I do believe-for walleyes and slabs

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have to wait. My home lake is the Winnebago system. I can fish that 365 days a year.

Normally on opening day I'll stay in unless the fish are on the chew. Far too many people show up, not realizing that they didn't have to wait until the first Sat in May. Winneconne is just a zoo that weekend.

With the weather being so bad and the spring warm-up being non-existent so far, it may not even be worth trekking out on the 7th.
    pour'em-paint'em-tie'em-fish'em-stick'em-fry'em!

Post Thanks / Like

this may be a dumb question so dont make fun of me to bad for asking it, but during march and april are you not even allowed to fish specifically for walleye or can you just not keep them.

Post Thanks / Like

jsplinter - thought I'd update this post - In most WI waterways, if you are using a bait styled after walleye/bass/whatever and the season is closed, you will receive a pricy ticket and be able to plead your case to a judge. I called several wardens on this in WI and got the same answer. I had one assistant question me when I had on a tiny spinner and mini mite going for panfish. He watched me for a while (hour) then left. Pretty sure he was wondering whether to call it in or not. I did get a northern bite on the spinner, just made sure I didn't set the hook and made sure he knew that's what I did.

If you catch a closed species during the closed season, you just have to release it. No harm, no foul

Post Thanks / Like

cool thanks, I will be back up there in a couple years and will have to make sure I relearn all the laws up there compared to Texas