Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What to do now spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do now spider rigging

Ok here in Arkansas my home lake Beaver Lake has gone to record hi levels so the spawn I assume will be over. What spider rigging patterns will I try when the water settles down and the crappie go into post spawn mode? Is it slow trolling the flats?
    Mike Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

Just because the water came up up doesn't stop the spawn. They will keep moving into the shallows until they're done, and the big ones are content to spawn in water 20' +. When the water levels out, give it 2 - 3 days...they will be ready again in the sticks, bigger ones in deeper water along submerged weed banks, creek channels with wood cover, etc. After the spawn, they go back to the places you found them BEFORE the spawn. Staging areas in deeper water alond sloughs and channels, relating to vertical cover and such. Slow spider rigging WILL produce, but rely on your FF for locating submerged cover and you should find 'em.
    Mississippi Crappie and Alabama football...Life is good.

Post Thanks / Like

The flats at point 12 is productive during the post spawn,but what i do is fish bruch and laydowns first then if nothings going on start spider rigging.