Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: not mechanics forum, but what can ya' do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default not mechanics forum, but what can ya' do?

Really quick. I got a HECK OF A DEAL on a 1992 Bass Tracker Pro 17. I am absolutely loving this boat, and haven't even got it in the water yet. Well, I was under the console working with some of the wiring trying to figure out why all the gauges except for the RPM's work (which could be question 1), and I can't figure out another switch. It is a switch that when pushed up it turns on the console lights and the navigation lights, the middle position is OFF, but if you push it down, it is supposed to operated ANC. I don't want to sound stupid with this, but what is ANC? Is it "anchor" (this would be question 2).

So, please help me with this. I am trying to get this thing all finished up by next week when i start going on trips with church people, my dad, my in-laws...enough to keep me busy!

Thanks in advance...

Mrwillis

Post Thanks / Like

Should be the anchor lights, or the light in rear of boat.

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep! ANC stands for anchor. It that position the white light will be on.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check your charging circuit. With the motor off check the voltage at the battery, now start the motor and as you increase RPMs you should se an increase in voltage. Why do that you ask, because a defective rectifier is the most common reason for a tach not to be working.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Yes all states require the rear lite tall white one to be on when at anchor @nite-no others
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info. I didn't want to sound stupid, but I guess a stupid question is one that isn't asked! See, you learn something new everyday, and you can teach and old dog new tricks!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsprat View Post
    Yes all states require the rear lite tall white one to be on when at anchor @nite-no others
    And if you fish in KY ..... that transom light needs to be on, anchored / tied off / or under trolling motor power - when fishing after sundown, until dawn .. no matter where you are on the lake !! You can be ticketed for not having it on !! When under power of the big motor .... red/green bow lights & the white transom light need to be on. Transom light must be visible 360deg around your boat, when in use.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

When the student's ready---the teacher appears.

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

The red and green lights need to be on when the boat is moving when it is dark or in low light conditions. The anc light needs to be on when you are not moving or anchored or even slow trolling. It is like the slow moving orange triangle for slow moving vehicles. It lets those around you know that you aren't moving or moving very fast. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p