Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to mount my onboard charger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to mount my onboard charger

I just got a minn kota MK210 onboard charger over the weekend. Anyone have any ideas on a mounting location for onboard chargers? Here are my specifics. Pro Team 175, MK 210 charger (2 bank, 5amps per bank), 2 deep cycle batteries.
    The instructions say that the unit must be mounted vertically, not in the battery / fuel cell compartment. If you have to extend the cables you must do so with 12 guage wire (got that problem solved) and the wires cannot be extended further than 15 feet. Also, you have to cut and solder any extension at the end of the current wires so as to leave the temperature sensor in tact.
    My initial thoughts are under neath the console on the back side opposite of the front of the boat. This would be protected from spray but still allow the charger to "breath". Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Mistertwister
    Here crappie, crappie, crappie, crappie......:D :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

I would call BPS and ask one of their technitions where they install the chargers on boat for customers.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave