Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: wylie friday morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default wylie friday morning

hit wylie again this am in the upper end of big allison. got there just before daylight and trolled till i got covered up with boats and couldnt maneuver without having to get off track cause of the crowd. seems there was a crappie tournament put on by bass pro and there was a bout a half dozen trollers come in and set up shop. we messed around and got 23 keepers, two of em slabs and the rest average and a bunch of tater chips we throwed back. tried a few more places down the crick with no luck. on the way in, i seen two old women fishing from the bank and pulled up and asked if they wanted the fish as i dint really wanna mess with em today. when they presented their bucket they had three really big shell crackers theyd caught.. one day next week im gonna get me some crickets and set up shop where they was at and see if i can catch em bedding in there and harvest a good mess.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love those shellcrackers

We caught many shellcrackers last year on wylie and they all were pretty big in my opinion.They just seem to inhale the bait , so I spend more time tying hooks than fishing.I guess the long shanks would help.Have the crappie finished the spawn on wylie for the year?Haven't been out in two weeks. ,eric
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.